This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is restarting worth it for pvp?

#1Sweet00thPosted 3/23/2013 9:18:46 PM
I've really liked my rogue, but I'm not sure he's quite the character for me. I really like AOE, and its just a drag for me not being able to chain pull mobs even at lvl 90. I've had my eyes set on a deathknight, since they can change from dps to tank fairly easily. My question is about the state of pvp. If you don't cap the conquest points at the start of the season, you will never be able to catch up. I understand the next patch is adressing some of these issues, but I was wondering by how much. I hate joining BGS on my rogue, and even with 7 malv and mostly dreadful not being able to do crap. The idea of starting over from 0 gear again agaisnt other players that have been capping since the start of season 12 just seems disheartening. I think a good solution would to change the conquest cap for new players according to their gear, but I don't think that'll happen anytime soon...
---
Gt:SuhAndrew
"Of the first calavary infantry squadron 244 regiment 5"
#2dzastor04Posted 3/23/2013 10:39:48 PM
youre already out 3600 conquest points, which is like 2 pieces. if you have to level still you be behind another 1800 atleast. so yes you will be behind. its up to you if it bothers you or not.
#3RCR ReturnsPosted 3/23/2013 10:51:33 PM
Where the **** did this moronic "I'm a week behind CP capping, I'm forever handicapped" drivel come from? Its plaguing wow forums too. Its more than acceptable and possible to hit ratings in non conquest gear and the difference is not that huge this season anyway. Just wow.
---
RoughCutRedneck
#4SirTanksAlotPosted 3/24/2013 9:47:44 AM
Well PVP is fun enough once you get the gear, until then I just roll with friends and we do World PVP and thats alot of fun. However Im considering rerolling and gearing up a druid now that I have seen this. lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq9z-YbNfpw
#5ATiRadeonHDPosted 3/24/2013 10:24:43 AM
You aren't a good enough player for x amount of conquest points to be your rating bottleneck.
---
|| i5-3570k @ 4.5GHz || nVidia GTX 660Ti || Thermaltake 600 watt PSU || 8GB DDR3 || Windows 7
#6dermoratrakenPosted 3/24/2013 11:37:43 AM
If you aren't having success on a rogue in pvp right now, then pvp probably isn't for you.
#7metroidfreakv4Posted 3/24/2013 11:44:47 AM
If I can take down people with no cool downs on my marksmen ship hunter in full contender, then you can do the same since rogues are doing better than hunters IMO in bgs. Again, no cool downs. Only thing maybe is scatter shot
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SO-HGwxJNg
#8Cu3Posted 3/24/2013 11:50:31 AM
Lay off guys, sheesh.

He's not complaining about Rogues and PvP. He's saying that Rogues aren't fun for him and that he likes Death Knights. He's worried about how much of a handicap he'll be at while trying to gear out a Death Knight for PvP and PvE since he has to start over again.

He. Or She. Choose one.

My answer: Yeah brah roll a Death Knight. You have to play what you like. You'll obviously be handicapped once you hit 90 because of gear, but you will earn it all back in time. Playing a toon that isn't fun for you defeats the purpose of the game. That you pay $15 a month for.
---
Hi.