This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This game is over eight years old...

#21Ultimate_NoobPosted 3/24/2013 9:45:58 AM
I played for more years than I'd really like to say because throughout the intervals of content, I had indispensable fun with friends I'd made in the game. Points I'd have probably otherwise quit. So, that combined with the stream of additions, solid game planning, and traditional addictives.

As a "WoW veteran" (having the utter arrogance to call myself such a thing) I don't really like what WoW's done to the MMO industry though. A lot of others try to vainly copy its success instead of making their own. They completely overlook the fact I and many others already played a WoW; it was World of Warcraft.
---
You'll hear "Oh no, uber" or "Oh no, crits" but you'll never hear, "Oh no.. a quickie."-TF2 player on Quick-Fix
#22halomonkey1_3_5Posted 3/24/2013 11:00:53 AM
I think I am a phone posted...
You're saying that pile of **** smells bad? You've only smelled it for 5 minutes...

I dont need to eat 10 s*** sandwiches to realize i dont like the taste of s***.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#23TheAncientMonkPosted 3/24/2013 2:39:22 PM
amzgspyderman posted...
habit forming behavior modification based on skinnerian principles.

This guy gets it.
#24TheGreatCheezePosted 3/24/2013 3:23:52 PM
Not sure how you guys got the idea that I was calling the entire game awful, but I meant the first 5 levels were awful. Also shout out to whoever was the only guy who actually answered my question instead of going all super fanboy on me over a crap quality game.
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
#25XtraTPosted 3/24/2013 3:27:17 PM
vahndragonwing posted...
XtraT posted...
Because you can't judge a game by its smell, nor like you can judge art, a movie or a book by its smell.

Which is why he used an analogy

Come on Eckstratea, use your head

Pile of s*** = SWTOR
Smell = Play

I'm not debating the reason, I'm saying it's a terrible analogy.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#26LanceFlugermanPosted 3/24/2013 4:16:27 PM
XtraT posted...
Because you can't judge a game by its smell, nor like you can judge art, a movie or a book by its smell.

Art you sure can. The rest are correct.
---
Damn, GameFAQs is dying.
#27AnaTheCatPosted 3/24/2013 6:29:00 PM
If the TC can last 12 (or was it 13?) years then of course this game can.
#28IdTheDemonPosted 3/25/2013 7:16:08 AM
Cutty: The game been done changed.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/ceejay/simple
#29Arag0rnPosted 3/25/2013 8:42:07 AM
They keep improving on what they have, and the base community is far larger than any other MMO.

I came back for MoP, and there were enough things to keep me subscribed for a few months at least.
#30Dinodude007Posted 3/25/2013 8:55:44 AM
Because we're all addicted to it. WoW is better than our real lives O_o
---
Pokemon White FC: Chris -- 2623 2820 3100