This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This game has lost all of it's appeal to me.

#1DragoonSavinePosted 3/24/2013 12:36:25 AM
I'm sure many have wined and said such things. All and all though I know end content is fun and it's awesome finally getting that gear you've always wanted. Running PUGS(Pick Up Group) or the lucky ones with friends through strategic and difficult dungeons. Getting it all then making a new character and quickly helping him and others to get all the good stuff. I know there are still many extremely rare things out there if you are willing to try like a crazy person to get (and I am a crazy person) that require much patience and strength. I though feel like amongst the ageing of the game many things have been lost.

Once upon a time, Yes the goal is always the end. Though how you get there makes all the difference. I love old content. I know it gets tedious and was a long time ago. The thing is though I used to play this game and dream of just getting to level 60. When I got there with greens and blues I was a God. Though my attire horrible and I looked some what of a gay pride batman on my first character who was a human warrior. I thought he was the awesomeness thing sense sliced bread. Then I just pranced around but never got into the end game content because at the times me and my friends had a falling out. While we played though every inch of the way was and earned long achieved levels.

I remember going to get the hammer to summon the big green dinosaur thing in Zul Thrak to get carrot on a stick. Only being level 40ish and newly getting my mount I felt like a hoss. I think it was 40 anyway was a long time ago. I remember spending my 20s in West Haven i think it was called and deadmines. Then exploring Blackfathom Deeps with friends and random folk. Remember getting a green off a mob and being like hell yea hit the jack pot. Getting blues from really hard quest and low end final dungeon bosses. Scarlet Monastery was always an adventure with in itself most of the time especially if you were in a PUG. I remember strolling through the land and sometimes ending up on opposing factions land because you weren't quite the level to go into the next area. Finding those rare gray mobs and being like oh crap i gotta do this. Figuring out a way to solo them while you are underleveled at the time at least in your head anyway.

There was a magic to this game that strode along with the leveling process that has been lost. I know leveling is hard and a lot want it now rather than later. It's so SO much better though when you finally get there and it is later. I miss that in my MMORPG's. I actually miss hunting down a weapons master so I can use a certain weapon. I actually miss having to train in weapons so that i can use them for efficiently. I really miss the old hunters pets where you learn skills from the pets and can teach them to other pets. when you fought someone you were like where the heck did they learn that from.

I remember the first expansion and it was amazing. getting to the new world and still having the journey in the old. As expansions came though the game evolved as well. slowly there was no journey and that was the true reason for playing the game. I miss the journey. hopefully when things one day get touched base on there will be some revitalizing of old world. I know i am just one and maybe the only one who enjoyed the annoying tediousness of an older style. I miss feeling bad that I lost 500 hrs of my life in a fantasy world. Though it wasn't a bad thing it was just another world. Now it's nothing. I don't mean to offend and am happy for those whom enjoy the game still. but there once was more to it than just the end. thanks for reading
---
Now that I have destroyed the enemies airship I can.. woah oh nuclear armadillo!
#2Myrkr_OrmrPosted 3/24/2013 12:40:57 AM
And go figure, MILLIONS still love it. You are like a flea jumpin on a steel wall.
---
"What humans do not understand, they fear..and what humans fear, they attempt to destroy."~Goliath, GARGOYLES
DFO Main: MyrkrOrmr
#3DragoonSavine(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 12:48:35 AM
yea I know but it doesn't hurt to dream :D muahahaha
---
Now that I have destroyed the enemies airship I can.. woah oh nuclear armadillo!
#4XtraTPosted 3/24/2013 12:48:52 AM
its*
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#5B1g_ClownPosted 3/24/2013 1:00:25 AM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/237/621/c8a.gif
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjJi5xhAOzQ
#6DragoonSavine(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 1:02:59 AM
B1g_Clown posted...
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/237/621/c8a.gif

haha that was funny indeed
---
#7MarzPosted 3/24/2013 8:09:48 PM
lots of people think this way.

the fact is back in the day, we didn't know everything yet. there weren't sites that broke down everything to a specific formula or a single-set path to take, or else you'd be gimping yourself.

the game had a sense of exploration which is definitely lacking today, but that is unavoidable with a game this old.
---
~!
#8WesternWizardPosted 3/24/2013 8:16:55 PM
Here's what I did when I got bored...

1. Deleted all my characters but one.
2. Got that one character to max PvP gear with BiS enchants, glyphs, and gems.
3. Began ganking people for fun and pleasure, and soon became famous on my realm.
4. I now spend my time either farming gold, ganking noobs, or raising my arena rating with 2 people that are very skilled, like me.

Focus only on PvP, and this game because 90% more fun. Everything else is a waste.

/cheers
#9spacecowboymikePosted 3/24/2013 9:03:03 PM
Barely read your post but from what little I did read nostalgia is slapping you in the face again and again and you think its great.

If you dont like the way the game is now just quit. You dont have to tell us "wow was SOOOOO great back in my day".
#10DragoonSavine(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 11:37:03 PM
spacecowboymike posted...
Barely read your post but from what little I did read nostalgia is slapping you in the face again and again and you think its great.

If you dont like the way the game is now just quit. You dont have to tell us "wow was SOOOOO great back in my day".

currently not playing actually. I understand you don't see what I see. Wasn't trying to offend. I'll admit when I have the money I'll probably play the new content to an extent. After that though I'll just go back into hibernation for a year or so. Like a previous poster said I agree the only thing alive is the PvP. I did enjoy adventuring into the unknown back in the day. Yes i'm nostalgic for times like such and yes it's hard to keep such with a game this old. I still think with creativity though I know that would cost more money than it's worth it could be there. which is fine but the true enjoying in the game in my eye's isn't there but for a little while. When it used to be something that lasted.
---