This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This game has lost all of it's appeal to me.

#11I think I am a phonePosted 3/25/2013 3:59:52 PM
Every time someone waxes nostalgic about the way an mmo used to be he is instantly attacked by 90% of the people responding, as if they`re so insecure about the hundreds of hours they`ve invested into it that something as simple as a post on an internet forum could invalidate all of that.

Stop being so weak minded, let him think about the good old times without being a douchebag. Hell maybe there are some things you miss as well, don`t worry about it, thinking one aspect of something used to be better doesn`t mean everything it is now is utter ****. You people are so all-or-nothing, grow up please.
---
Paranoia keeps things interesting.
#12Virus731Posted 3/25/2013 4:07:24 PM
If anyone thinks that the experience of the game now is anywhere close to vanilla... you're joking. The most amazing part of the game was how gnarly the graphics were... and not even any loading screens! That was in 2004. The game still looks great but it hasn't done anything windowing since it has been released.
---
I hope this ****in' world ****in' burns away
And I'd kill you all if I had my way
#13vahndragonwingPosted 3/25/2013 4:10:43 PM
Virus731 posted...
If anyone thinks that the experience of the game now is anywhere close to vanilla... you're joking. The most amazing part of the game was how gnarly the graphics were... and not even any loading screens! That was in 2004. The game still looks great but it hasn't done anything windowing since it has been released.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windowing

Please pick which one you meant so I can better understand what you were trying to say
---
IMO
#14Virus731Posted 3/25/2013 4:16:20 PM
vahndragonwing posted...
Virus731 posted...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windowing

Please pick which one you meant so I can better understand what you were trying to say

Damn auto correct, I mean mindblowing.
---
I hope this ****in' world ****in' burns away
And I'd kill you all if I had my way
#15KarateKittyKillPosted 3/25/2013 5:53:26 PM
I agree, to an extent with the TC. There was something about watching higher levels come into a battle at Crossroads, when defeat was all but inevitable, and battle Alliance. The best moment of playing this game was when in Orgrimmar, with Thrall down past 50% health, our only High Warlord (Alliance out-populates Horde on Eonar, my first server), a Warrior, and his Mage friend came in and destroyed everything in their path, giving everyone a chance to kill the Alliance and save Thrall.

Mindblowingly good world PvP. It wasn't enforced, like it is now. I think there's a few mistakes Blizzard made, but honestly, you should really try coming back to WoW. I quit shortly after WotLK dropped. I liked BC, quite a bit, but it just became a boring slug after that. One thing I do enjoy is how much more interesting leveling became. Leveling was one of the weakest parts of the original game. If they kept some of the core magic, but made questing more interesting, I probably would have grinded to 60 in vanilla.

After I hit 70, though, I just had no more desire to play. But now, it's great. The game goes by in a flash, but it's interesting, the quests are better than ever, the end-game is endless in its appeal (whether you PvP or PvE, there's so much to do), and the class changes are well deserved.

A few things I would want them to change:

1) Get rid of World PvP zones. Get rid of the 'honor grind'. Instead, allow BG, but make killing of enemy players in World PvP, and cities, and towns, allot more honor points. Bring back emphasis to fight. Will bring the spirit of 'factions' back to the game.
2) Get rid of flying mounts in zones under level 70. Honestly, it's kind of killed the adventure of the game. Go ahead; play Skyrim with a mod that doesn't allow for fast travel. Your experience in that game will be so much better.
3) The itemization in the game is wack. In vanilla a level 40 could help take on level 60 Alliance in world battle. The current itemization on items is insane. Players at 500k health, or one million? That seems counter-intuitive. It's insane the damage that comes out of weapons now. I shouldn't be able to one-shot a player three levels lower than me.

Other than that, I think the game is fine. It's much better than it was, and I would highly recommend coming back.

I can give you a Scroll of Resurrection too.
#16LanceFlugermanPosted 3/26/2013 12:29:12 AM
500 hours? Try 500 days.
---
Damn, GameFAQs is dying.
#17DragoonSavine(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 8:35:25 AM
I would love leveling to be like it was. and the itemization to make sense instead of sky rocketing. I don't like big numbers for the sake of big numbers. It means more when they are down to earth. I want to be forced through old world content still with the new terrain and everything. with each expansion they add a chance of of a different means of leveling though generally ultimately going through old world except for your death knight. to be honest though maybe blizz should honor one char to the level cap of latest expansion with the class and race of your choosing. so you for the quick end game seekers they can be there. then besides death knight any other character has to be leveled the right way. which can be through some new low level content. anyway I understand if most enjoy the way it is now. also thanks for the possible Resurrection but i don't have new expansion yet and prolly won't for awhile.
---
Now that I have destroyed the enemies airship I can.. woah oh nuclear armadillo!
#18AceronPosted 3/27/2013 2:59:47 PM
The itemization is to prevent people that raid from being able to pass on all the quest gear in the next expansion.
The last time they tried to redo 1-60 was Cataclysm, and people hated them for wasting time on it instead of doing more end-game stuff.
---
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL
#19DragoonSavine(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 8:21:59 PM
I was quite happy with the new life they brought in with the old content from cataclysm. but the leveling i still think is to fast to enjoy the world. and the itemization can still be better than previous content without being insanely more. I mean at the rate they are gonna we are gonna start have 1,000,000,000 hp which is silly.
---
Now that I have destroyed the enemies airship I can.. woah oh nuclear armadillo!
#20DragoonSavine(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 2:36:27 AM
Aceron posted...
The itemization is to prevent people that raid from being able to pass on all the quest gear in the next expansion.
The last time they tried to redo 1-60 was Cataclysm, and people hated them for wasting time on it instead of doing more end-game stuff.

You I was thinking and that's total crap. they could have easily made a fluidly increasing set of greens, blues, and purples. That would make them want to strive for the new gear. sure there can and should be better than the immediate green gear available in next expansion if you ask me. but upon getting blues start to be on par and purples being beyond the old. I mean seriously the numbers are there for the prettiness now and are just annoying. Though I guess it just goes along with wanting the coolest armor and wanting to get that extra digit. At least though done the way I'm talking about it would still give old world stuff viable reason to even bother to attain. gahhhhhh sorry not trying to be mean annoying day.
---