This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any point in buying WC battlechest if..

#1Master_LynkPosted 3/24/2013 6:28:49 AM
I only intend to play free to level 20 and never subscribe? I know from my last topic that raids, quests and other content comes with them but is it worth it if I never intend to subscribe and pass level 20? Also what happens to Hillsbrad quests, I assume they are now gone because of cataclysm.
#2vahndragonwingPosted 3/24/2013 6:58:59 AM(edited)
So your question is "Should I buy the game if I never plan on playing beyond the free trial?"

P.S: Hillsbrad is a level 20-25 zone, so it's pretty moot unless you want to be incredibly underpowered a little ways in.
---
IMO
#3SxmfctPosted 3/24/2013 6:45:39 AM
Yes you should buy it, there are far too many reasons to list here so just do it, don't question it.
---
"Your not a gamer your a poser and a waste lol 5yr olds" - dreamtheater33
#4TloyaPosted 3/24/2013 8:41:06 AM
Hillsbrad quests are gone for Alliance players because of Cataclysm. The Horde still has quite a few quests there.
---
Posts look awkward without a signature underneath
#5MakeHatePosted 3/24/2013 9:08:10 AM
...seems like you answered it yourself. If you never plan on playing past 20, why buy the game?
---
"but you still have to use a keyboard which was made for word processing back in the early 90s with MSdos" -The_Big_Deek
#6EDarienPosted 3/24/2013 9:52:37 AM
I don't think you actually gain access to anything by buying the WC if you never sub and stay on your trial account ... The trial account has all the data for the main game in the client already, it's just locked. It's subbing that unlocks it, but to get a full sub, you have to buy at minimum the "base" game which now includes BC and Wrath.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#7toolittletimePosted 3/24/2013 10:14:38 AM
The battlechest sells for $10-15 at many retailers now and comes with a one month subscription, even if you never want to go past level 20 that is well worth the price.
If you decide you want to go further you can get to 80 with the battlechest.

You are subbed when you make and account and activate it, after one month if you wish to continue playing on those characters you need to pay $15 a month.
There are many features that are not in a trial account that you would probably enjoy if you like the game.

You could also wait until Blizzard puts it on sale again for $5 as they have done a few times since the release of MoP.
---
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
Mark Twain
#8angrywalrus13Posted 3/24/2013 10:16:35 AM
toolittletime posted...
The battlechest sells for $10-15 at many retailers now and comes with a one month subscription, even if you never want to go past level 20 that is well worth the price.

You are subbed when you make and account and activate it, after one month if you wish to continue playing on those characters you need to pay $15 a month.
There are many features that are not in a trial account that you would probably enjoy if you like the game.

You could also wait until Blizzard puts it on sale again for $5 as they have done a few times since the release of MoP.

Unless he wants to play for more than a month. Once you upgrade from the Starter Edition you have to start paying monthly.

Just play the Starter Edition for now, TC. If you hit 20 and decide you actually do want to keep progressing, you can make that decision then. For now, it's totally free to do what you want to do, so there's no harm in that at all.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#9EDarienPosted 3/24/2013 5:10:01 PM
angrywalrus13 posted...
toolittletime posted...

Unless he wants to play for more than a month. Once you upgrade from the Starter Edition you have to start paying monthly.

Just play the Starter Edition for now, TC. If you hit 20 and decide you actually do want to keep progressing, you can make that decision then. For now, it's totally free to do what you want to do, so there's no harm in that at all.

^ This.

What baffles me is that people seem to forget that once you upgrade and level beyond 20, you'll never play those characters again unless you SUBSCRIBE. The guy, from jump street, said he has NO intention of subscribing. That said, stick to your trial. Period.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#10Master_Lynk(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 5:51:20 PM
Okay so its looking like there's no point in buying battlechest. What if I just downloaded BC, would it in any way improve my trial game or would I just have to subscribe to get that content anyway.