This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ae Mages the whiniest class in WoW?

#1ChronoAcePosted 3/24/2013 6:11:48 PM
Every time they aren't in the top 5 PvE DPS specs they kick and scream on the forums until Blizzard is forced to overbuff them, breaking them in PvP in the process.

No other class whines as much as Mages do from what I have seen.
#2Falco_TaverenPosted 3/24/2013 6:13:41 PM
to be fair, pure dps classes should always be somewhere near the top of the charts on non-movement heavy encounters
---
u fink i freeky?
i fink u freeky.
#3ChronoAce(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 6:17:12 PM
Falco_Taveren posted...
to be fair, pure dps classes should always be somewhere near the top of the charts on non-movement heavy encounters

They ditched that philosophy back in Cata.

And what about Hunters/Rogues/Locks? Rogues and Locks are good atm but Hunters are just mid pack and their 2 other specs are trash. I don't see them crying up a storm to get overbuffed.
#4WesternWizardPosted 3/24/2013 6:23:57 PM
I main a mage, so I say no... as I've not asked for buffs before.
#5EDarienPosted 3/24/2013 6:32:07 PM
ChronoAce posted...
Falco_Taveren posted...

They ditched that philosophy back in Cata.

And what about Hunters/Rogues/Locks? Rogues and Locks are good atm but Hunters are just mid pack and their 2 other specs are trash. I don't see them crying up a storm to get overbuffed.

First, the allegedly ditched that philosophy before Cata with the whole "hybrid tax" being nulled. So your point is even stronger, IMO.

That said, I, as a Warlock, have always "whined" about our place on the charts compared to mages, rogues, etc.

I don't know if we complain as much as mages, but Locks have had a justified whine for a long time. Though, I hear we're doing pretty well, now. So that's nice.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#6AnaTheCatPosted 3/24/2013 6:33:21 PM
Yes.
#7Right_Chus_1Posted 3/24/2013 6:38:13 PM
Look at every single class forums, they all look the same, its not just mages..lol
#8ExtremeLuchadorPosted 3/24/2013 6:39:17 PM
There's no reason at all to bring a Mage, Hunter, or Rogue on a raid nowadays. Try getting into a PuG as one.
---
"It was horrible," guard Jeff McInnis said.
"I took 100 naps and we were still in the air."
#9RCR ReturnsPosted 3/24/2013 6:47:08 PM(edited)
Yes, yes they are. And fellow warlock, go pvp, especially as affliction lololol and then tell me we are in a good spot.

And why do mages whine so? They get their way of course. All other classes were told to wait on more than a week worth of data. Guess who didn't have to wait thus breaking pvp more?
---
RoughCutRedneck
#10EDarienPosted 3/24/2013 6:47:35 PM
RCR Returns posted...
Yes, yes they are. And fellow warlock, go pvp, especially as affliction lololol and then tell me we are in a good spot.

I said heard for a reason. I'm just playing my trial right now, not even my main account. When this semester is over, and hopefully some crappy job tells me something other than "overqualified" I'll be able to get my main account going again.

That said, I've never been into PvP. But for PvE, I hear Warlocks are in a great place right now, especially compared to how low we've been for so long.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14