This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people gank others?

#21I think I am a phonePosted 3/25/2013 5:19:56 PM
They are boys who would be the faceless fodder of any real war, but here they get to be a mighty hero of the (faction) smiting all who oppose/walk by on their way to a quest 70 levels under the ganker.

The thoughtless response to dismiss this very true idea would be something to the effect of umadlolol but I havent played this in years honestly so I have no stake here, whatever helps you sleep at night though.
---
Paranoia keeps things interesting.
#22luthienCrossPosted 3/25/2013 7:38:44 PM
i dont gank lowbies, i'll gank other people that are around my level though they can atleast fight back and make it fun then
---
GT: Luthien Cross NNID: Cogliostro
You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
#23Darom SunyataPosted 3/25/2013 7:56:04 PM
I believe firmly that unrestricted open world pvp is for psychopaths.

I do not say this lightly.

When I was in line for Cata, I was talking to the guy ahead of me and he was bragging about he ganked people until they unsubbed. He was f***ing proud of it.

So yeah.
---
of the Cult of Tharja
#24willythemailboyPosted 3/25/2013 8:31:20 PM
Darom Sunyata posted...

When I was in line for Cata, I was talking to the guy ahead of me and he was bragging about he ganked people until they unsubbed. He was f***ing proud of it.

So yeah.

This is the ONLY reason it exists. It's for people that don't have the balls to bully someone or drown puppies in real life.
---
He who laughs last, thinks fastest.
#25Leo0820Posted 3/25/2013 8:47:37 PM
I remember this one time back in Vanilla, I was playing my Orc Warrior and questing with a guildmate who also happened to be an Orc Warrior. We were sharing a mining node when some goofy Paladin shows up and /waves at us. We both hit Charge without delay and killed him SO FAST the game didn't even have time to animate him dying. It was just WHOOSHBOOMCORPSE.

I would have LOVED to have had a camera on his face! Just like "oh hey, some Horde. I'll wave, let 'em know I'm not going to be any trouble. /wave. There w"--GRAVEYARD

Now, to be fair, he was the same level as us, so it wasn't really ganking in the traditional sense, but it was really funny.
---
Leo's AMP has increased by 1.
#26patsfan2312Posted 3/26/2013 10:30:02 AM
It is basically because some people just want to be a pain in the a** to others. I do actually kind of regret playing on a PVP server sometimes because of it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjkyuXdfhlA
#27ryanell666Posted 3/26/2013 11:06:55 AM
Darom Sunyata posted...

So yeah.

...and the puss-ification of America begins with you!
#28TheGreatCheezePosted 3/26/2013 11:19:25 AM
If I get ganked and then see the person waiting by my body I just log onto a different character and play it for awhile. I don't whine, or get mad, I stare at my screen for a couple seconds and then log out.
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
#29WesternWizard(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 11:57:23 AM
ryanell666 posted...
Darom Sunyata posted...

So yeah.

Any coward can fight someone with no chance of fighting back, it takes a real man to fight someone who can beat them. You sound like the weakling here, not him. Also, your name is offensive to Christians, who built this nation, so go to hell, oh wait, you are already heading there anyway. Good day.
#30ryanell666Posted 3/26/2013 1:15:15 PM
WesternWizard posted...
ryanell666 posted...
Darom Sunyata posted...

So yeah.

Any coward can fight someone with no chance of fighting back, it takes a real man to fight someone who can beat them. You sound like the weakling here, not him. Also, your name is offensive to Christians, who built this nation, so go to hell, oh wait, you are already heading there anyway. Good day.

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha...

I thought people like you only get type-casted as the crazy Christian in movies, where their own holier-than-thou ideology becomes the end of them in a violent 3rd act.

If vanity is a sin.... Then what does that make the Christian who snubs at lowly GFAQS poster?

Stones and glass houses, and all that jazz .