This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Another Garrosh topic. (SPOILERS)

#1Darom SunyataPosted 3/25/2013 10:42:40 AM
Since we haven't had one of these in awhile. Marking spoilers for any potential 5.3 spoilers that may come out soon, and of course spoilers for total newcomers who haven't even touched pandaria yet.

So, is it safe to say that Garrosh is a Complete Monster by now? I think somewhere one of the devs or something denied that he actually is, but come on...even if you love your own kind, that shouldn't make it so you're not pure evil for making the rest of the world burn.

I'm suspecting that perhaps what Garrosh will do when we finally have justice done upon him, is he'll do the equivalent of smartass tabletop gamers who has their character's last words be "Hastur Hastur Hastur." Namely, he'll somehow usher in the Burning Legion.

And how about Jaina? Think we'll see her try to become a sith lord again?
---
of the Cult of Tharja
#2reaper329Posted 3/25/2013 10:48:43 AM
I've seen Jaina once since I hit 90, and to say I'm concerned for her stability is a fairly massive understatement. Her Echo in the End Time was more collected.
---
Emergency. Induction. Port. - Tali
#3Darom Sunyata(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 11:05:59 AM
Yeah. I'm quite eager to see her drive the horde filth from Dalaran today when I finally hit revered with Shieldwall.

Also, I've been doing my isle of thunder dailies, it makes me wonder if Modera is either simply being more fleshed out or if she's damn near ready to do something against the horde too. She's definitely neutral no more, if you read her quest texts.

And I got to do the dagger in the dark scenario yesterday for the first time. Damn...

Vol'jin: The saurok were made with the blackest of magics
Orc guy: Awesome, just what Garrosh has been looking for

O.O;
---
of the Cult of Tharja
#4Darom Sunyata(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 2:44:46 PM
Almost there, just need to do a random heroic for rep and then it's bye bye sunreavers.
---
of the Cult of Tharja
#5TloyaPosted 3/25/2013 4:22:02 PM
Garrosh is up to a lot of bad stuff. I'm hoping it's out of a genuine need to destroy the Alliance by any means necessary and not because he's been corrupted by Sha/Demon/Old God/Hogger. Let's go over the laundry list of ways he's suddenly become evil since Cataclysm.

-Murder blue dragons to steal the Focusing Iris and create a mana bomb (with blood elf help)

-Use Dark Shaman magics to abuse the elements, which were already reeling after Deathwing, by forcefully binding magma giants as weapons

-Launch an invasion of Theramore that intentionally fails just to gather as many Alliance forces in one place as possible

-Exploit Sunreaver neutrality to plant a blood elf spy in Theramore

-Use aforementioned mana bomb to blow up Theramore and kill several major Alliance generals as well as the leader of the Kirin Tor

-Use more dark shaman magics to take control of Leviathan/Krakens to supplement the Horde navy

-Turn the Kor'kron into secret police and literally blow up a place where dissenters gathered

-Send warlocks to kidnap children as hostages to better keep the Pandaren under his thumb

-Track down the Korune mogu to figure out how to control Sha energies as a weapon

-When the Alliance gets to the Korune's weapon first, abuse Sunreaver neutrality again and get the blood elves to steal it

-Break Anduin's little babby body

-Track down mogu flesh-shaping magics to use to create a subservient warrior race

-Orchestrate a situation in which Vol'jin says something vaguely interpreted as treacherous so his assassins have an excuse to kill him

And he's not stopping there. The little fragments we know from 5.3 suggest that we'll be investigating Garrosh doing yet more dastardly digging in search of powerful ancient stuff.
---
Posts look awkward without a signature underneath
#6Darom Sunyata(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 6:15:42 PM
If he's corrupted by Hogger, then we're done for.

Excellent list. Just did the Dalaran purge. To my surprise, I didn't have the stomach to slaughter the ones who weren't trying to fight me or weren't part of a quest.

I think what surprised me the most is the stark role reversal. Varian trying to make Jaina see reason and Jaina telling Varian to not be soft, and that "horde are always horde."

For some reason, that reminded me of back when Varian showed up in Wrath.

A pity there's not much in the way of advancing the plotline of alliance vs. horde in 5.2, eh? I want more proof that Garrosh is a monster by his own merits.
---
of the Cult of Tharja
#7TloyaPosted 3/25/2013 7:52:40 PM
One theory I like to toss around for why Garrosh went so psycho is that he's doing it because he's intimidated by Sylvanas. There's a very common theme to all the bad stuff he's been doing: He's not just crushing his enemies through the strength of the Horde, he's deliberately seeking out and harnessing various ancient sources of power that could bolster his armies through horrible means. Sound familiar?

Back in Cataclysm, Garrosh called Sylvanas some mean things because she was using an ancient source of power (Val'kyr) to bolster her armies (raising Forsaken troopers) through horrible means (unwilling bodies of her enemies). Yet after all the hate she got for it, it worked. The Forsaken kicked ass in Hillsbrad, Southshore, Dun Garok, Alterac, Andorhol, and Arathi. They struggled with Gilneas but ultimately won that too, with a little trickery. Perhaps Garrosh saw that exploiting dark powers does pay dividends and decided that if he couldn't beat them he should join them, before Sylvanas decided she didn't need him anymore.
---
Posts look awkward without a signature underneath
#8Sir WillPosted 3/25/2013 8:37:18 PM
He's just sore he lost some battle to Varian or something.

I'm hoping he's not corrupted, that he'll try to use the sha power and that it's not the sha already controlling him. I think that will be the case.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#9ElaeusPosted 3/26/2013 3:22:02 AM
Jaina is as horrible as Garrosh, no use in denying that.

In fact, I rather see both dead at this point. This story needs more dead major characters, and frankly it's a good thing that it's never shy on that, but it still needs to off more to make room for more to shine.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#10Darom Sunyata(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 3:23:13 PM(edited)
Elaeus posted...
Jaina is as horrible as Garrosh, no use in denying that.

In fact, I rather see both dead at this point. This story needs more dead major characters, and frankly it's a good thing that it's never shy on that, but it still needs to off more to make room for more to shine.

Interesting theory.

I'm not outright saying you're wrong, but I would like to hear your reasoning as to why Jaina is now as horrible as Garrosh?

I mean, seeing her walk slowly around Dalaran slaughtering/imprisoning sunreavers as opposed to just hearing her dialogue in the audio files was a bit of a shock to me, but I'm still not quite seeing how she's "as horrible."
---
of the Cult of Tharja