This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Another Garrosh topic. (SPOILERS)

#21Sir WillPosted 3/28/2013 7:07:03 PM
Darom Sunyata posted...
Good to know.

I mean on the one hand, I would have f***ing loved to have alliance blood elves/high elves.

But on the other hand, f*** the horde and their presence on Azeroth.

I mean, if you think about it, Thrall was still for the Horde, he was just less of a monster about it. And somehow he's become more neutral but when he was Warchief, he still held to horde interests.

Of course he did. But horde interests, prior to Garrosh, have mainly been about surviving and building a home.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#22Wookie_Is_BackPosted 3/28/2013 8:59:49 PM
Tloya posted...
One theory I like to toss around for why Garrosh went so psycho is that he's doing it because he's intimidated by Sylvanas. There's a very common theme to all the bad stuff he's been doing: He's not just crushing his enemies through the strength of the Horde, he's deliberately seeking out and harnessing various ancient sources of power that could bolster his armies through horrible means. Sound familiar?

Back in Cataclysm, Garrosh called Sylvanas some mean things because she was using an ancient source of power (Val'kyr) to bolster her armies (raising Forsaken troopers) through horrible means (unwilling bodies of her enemies). Yet after all the hate she got for it, it worked. The Forsaken kicked ass in Hillsbrad, Southshore, Dun Garok, Alterac, Andorhol, and Arathi. They struggled with Gilneas but ultimately won that too, with a little trickery. Perhaps Garrosh saw that exploiting dark powers does pay dividends and decided that if he couldn't beat them he should join them, before Sylvanas decided she didn't need him anymore.

But the Val'kyr die at the end of Silverpine
#23jing0000Posted 3/28/2013 10:11:03 PM
Sir Will posted...
Darom Sunyata posted...
Good to know.

I mean on the one hand, I would have f***ing loved to have alliance blood elves/high elves.

But on the other hand, f*** the horde and their presence on Azeroth.

I mean, if you think about it, Thrall was still for the Horde, he was just less of a monster about it. And somehow he's become more neutral but when he was Warchief, he still held to horde interests.

Of course he did. But horde interests, prior to Garrosh, have mainly been about surviving and building a home.

yes but horde interest as said before Garrosh weren't evil. If anything their entire story was set up to be one of redemption and the quest supported it (sans forsaken).
Infact the alliance didn't look like the golden hero's before/during cataclysm either. And I much preferred the two shades of grey style story then I do now..

it really feels like everything the horde worked for, for the best 6-7 years, has been destroyed in two expansions by garrosh, or as christ metson put him "blizzards social experiment"
---
none
#24EDarienPosted 3/28/2013 10:19:38 PM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Tloya posted...
One theory I like to toss around for why Garrosh went so psycho is that he's doing it because he's intimidated by Sylvanas. There's a very common theme to all the bad stuff he's been doing: He's not just crushing his enemies through the strength of the Horde, he's deliberately seeking out and harnessing various ancient sources of power that could bolster his armies through horrible means. Sound familiar?

Back in Cataclysm, Garrosh called Sylvanas some mean things because she was using an ancient source of power (Val'kyr) to bolster her armies (raising Forsaken troopers) through horrible means (unwilling bodies of her enemies). Yet after all the hate she got for it, it worked. The Forsaken kicked ass in Hillsbrad, Southshore, Dun Garok, Alterac, Andorhol, and Arathi. They struggled with Gilneas but ultimately won that too, with a little trickery. Perhaps Garrosh saw that exploiting dark powers does pay dividends and decided that if he couldn't beat them he should join them, before Sylvanas decided she didn't need him anymore.

But the Val'kyr die at the end of Silverpine

There are still some left:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Val'kyr#The_Nine
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#25patsfan2312Posted 3/29/2013 2:10:19 PM
Honestly, I see bad things in Jaina's future as well as Garrosh's.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjkyuXdfhlA