My rereturn to WOW

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. My rereturn to WOW

User Info: IdTheDemon

IdTheDemon
3 years ago#11
As someone whose played since 2005, this game is definitely more enjoyable now for a working person or s college student with a social life. I raided MC, BWL, AQ and Naxx and shoved my RL friends aside for epics due to the addiction. I was a ghost during college because after class ended, I took the train straight home and raided 5 days a week. There was no LFR, no 5 mans with tier 2,3 stats, no honor points, no valor points, no roll coins, no 6+ items from killing a boss on 25 man. You killed a boss and you got 2-4 epics. Or you did battlegrounds 18 hours a day.

The only reason why I quit raiding for over a year during Wrath was because of the woman I was dating at the time and I didn't want to screw that up like I did with another relationship back in vanilla. Even when I came back, I never had that same desire to raid hardcore and put Wow before people and more important occasions.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/ceejay/simple

User Info: bluemario

bluemario
3 years ago#12
IdTheDemon posted...
As someone whose played since 2005, this game is definitely more enjoyable now for a working person or s college student with a social life. I raided MC, BWL, AQ and Naxx and shoved my RL friends aside for epics due to the addiction. I was a ghost during college because after class ended, I took the train straight home and raided 5 days a week. There was no LFR, no 5 mans with tier 2,3 stats, no honor points, no valor points, no roll coins, no 6+ items from killing a boss on 25 man. You killed a boss and you got 2-4 epics. Or you did battlegrounds 18 hours a day.

The only reason why I quit raiding for over a year during Wrath was because of the woman I was dating at the time and I didn't want to screw that up like I did with another relationship back in vanilla. Even when I came back, I never had that same desire to raid hardcore and put Wow before people and more important occasions.

I remember those days. I remember AQ40 and the original Naxx.
Can anyone elaborate on pet battles and how Druids and DK's have changed.
They say a woman's work is never done....perhaps that's why they get paid 75 cents on the dollar to what a man makes.

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
3 years ago#13
Heaven forbid people want to play an MMORPG like an actual MMORPG, and not some glorified FPS match-making lobby.

So...play it like an "MMORPG". You don't have to queue and sit in SW/Org/Shrine all day, and the people that do want to play like that can do so.

I don't understand why giving people more options is a bad thing.

User Info: Tewlsy

Tewlsy
3 years ago#14
redundancies posted...
Heaven forbid people want to play an MMORPG like an actual MMORPG, and not some glorified FPS match-making lobby.

So...play it like an "MMORPG". You don't have to queue and sit in SW/Org/Shrine all day, and the people that do want to play like that can do so.

I don't understand why giving people more options is a bad thing.

Because I have a life and waste my time getting drunk off my ass at the bar instead of playing WoW. I don't play some game in my free time, so I'm not a LOSER like them! I am objectively a better and more valuable person because I don't play the way you play! GET A LIFE!

User Info: TheGreatCheeze

TheGreatCheeze
3 years ago#15
ryanell666 posted...
vahndragonwing posted...
MMORPG

Massively
Multiplayer
Role
Playing
Game

Funny, I missed the part where "must dedicate inordinate amounts of time to the game" was in that

"Football"

Foot
Ball

Funny, I missed the part where "must tackle the other players and have their way with drunk underage girls" was in that.

A+ logic no argument can be made against this and it's totally appropriate and equivalent.
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q

User Info: bluemario

bluemario
3 years ago#16
Can I just please have my questions answered
They say a woman's work is never done....perhaps that's why they get paid 75 cents on the dollar to what a man makes.

User Info: LottoStud

LottoStud
3 years ago#17
bluemario posted...
Sounds good. I heard there are 3 man instances now and that dailies
are more important than ever

there are 3 man instances but they are super easy and only last 10-15 minutes.

you can get pretty decent gear from grinding dailes now along with some cosmetic things mounts etc

I am kinda like you I took a year off and came back. I got a character to 90 and enjoyed it but got super burned out again. It would be fun to play over the summer if you have a friend to play with.
Two shots of whatever
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. My rereturn to WOW

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived