This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My rereturn to WOW

#11IdTheDemonPosted 3/26/2013 8:06:52 AM
As someone whose played since 2005, this game is definitely more enjoyable now for a working person or s college student with a social life. I raided MC, BWL, AQ and Naxx and shoved my RL friends aside for epics due to the addiction. I was a ghost during college because after class ended, I took the train straight home and raided 5 days a week. There was no LFR, no 5 mans with tier 2,3 stats, no honor points, no valor points, no roll coins, no 6+ items from killing a boss on 25 man. You killed a boss and you got 2-4 epics. Or you did battlegrounds 18 hours a day.

The only reason why I quit raiding for over a year during Wrath was because of the woman I was dating at the time and I didn't want to screw that up like I did with another relationship back in vanilla. Even when I came back, I never had that same desire to raid hardcore and put Wow before people and more important occasions.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/ceejay/simple
#12bluemario(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 8:16:23 AM
IdTheDemon posted...
As someone whose played since 2005, this game is definitely more enjoyable now for a working person or s college student with a social life. I raided MC, BWL, AQ and Naxx and shoved my RL friends aside for epics due to the addiction. I was a ghost during college because after class ended, I took the train straight home and raided 5 days a week. There was no LFR, no 5 mans with tier 2,3 stats, no honor points, no valor points, no roll coins, no 6+ items from killing a boss on 25 man. You killed a boss and you got 2-4 epics. Or you did battlegrounds 18 hours a day.

The only reason why I quit raiding for over a year during Wrath was because of the woman I was dating at the time and I didn't want to screw that up like I did with another relationship back in vanilla. Even when I came back, I never had that same desire to raid hardcore and put Wow before people and more important occasions.

I remember those days. I remember AQ40 and the original Naxx.
Can anyone elaborate on pet battles and how Druids and DK's have changed.
---
They say a woman's work is never done....perhaps that's why they get paid 75 cents on the dollar to what a man makes.
#13redundanciesPosted 3/26/2013 10:18:21 AM
Heaven forbid people want to play an MMORPG like an actual MMORPG, and not some glorified FPS match-making lobby.

So...play it like an "MMORPG". You don't have to queue and sit in SW/Org/Shrine all day, and the people that do want to play like that can do so.

I don't understand why giving people more options is a bad thing.
#14TewlsyPosted 3/26/2013 6:25:21 PM
redundancies posted...
Heaven forbid people want to play an MMORPG like an actual MMORPG, and not some glorified FPS match-making lobby.

So...play it like an "MMORPG". You don't have to queue and sit in SW/Org/Shrine all day, and the people that do want to play like that can do so.

I don't understand why giving people more options is a bad thing.

Because I have a life and waste my time getting drunk off my ass at the bar instead of playing WoW. I don't play some game in my free time, so I'm not a LOSER like them! I am objectively a better and more valuable person because I don't play the way you play! GET A LIFE!
#15TheGreatCheezePosted 3/27/2013 12:25:40 PM
ryanell666 posted...
vahndragonwing posted...
MMORPG

Massively
Multiplayer
Role
Playing
Game

Funny, I missed the part where "must dedicate inordinate amounts of time to the game" was in that

"Football"

Foot
Ball

Funny, I missed the part where "must tackle the other players and have their way with drunk underage girls" was in that.

A+ logic no argument can be made against this and it's totally appropriate and equivalent.
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
#16bluemario(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 2:45:20 PM
Can I just please have my questions answered
---
They say a woman's work is never done....perhaps that's why they get paid 75 cents on the dollar to what a man makes.
#17LottoStudPosted 3/27/2013 3:35:30 PM(edited)
bluemario posted...
Sounds good. I heard there are 3 man instances now and that dailies
are more important than ever

there are 3 man instances but they are super easy and only last 10-15 minutes.

you can get pretty decent gear from grinding dailes now along with some cosmetic things mounts etc

I am kinda like you I took a year off and came back. I got a character to 90 and enjoyed it but got super burned out again. It would be fun to play over the summer if you have a friend to play with.
---
Two shots of whatever