This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What happened to healing? It's more spam happy than Wrath was.

#1BushidistPosted 3/26/2013 1:47:21 AM
Quit in Cata, came back just a few days ago and noticed that mana issues are pretty much non-existent in PvE now. What happened? I'm not complaining. It's nice to heal with one less thing to worry about.
---
"Don't look at your glass and sigh that it's half empty. Rejoice that it's half full." - Almonte
#2shawn10000000Posted 3/26/2013 1:59:36 AM
Are you doing lfr? unless the group is especially bad you won't go oom there.
heroics, pretty much the same deal.
#3ElaeusPosted 3/26/2013 4:02:27 AM
Well, as a paladin it does feel like WotLK at this point. >.>

Honestly, Cata was the best time for healers.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#4AssultTankPosted 3/26/2013 6:48:38 AM
Honestly, I'm noticing that it is far easier to keep my mana up than Cata on my shaman.
I can spam Healing Wave and gain mana because of Resurgence and having just enough spirit that it is mana neutral when I have Tidal Waves. Greater Healing Wave crits are mana neutral.
---
http://wh.gov/RI5h Petition to declare Westboro Baptist Church a hate group.
John 6:53 Jesus promoting cannibalism.
#5InfestedAdamPosted 3/26/2013 6:49:31 AM
Elaeus posted...

I'll agree with this. The whole 5-second rule, downranking and cast-canceling was more involving and enjoyable to me. More so than trying to time my heals to deal with the periodic massive AoE damage or damage spikes that later raids seem to use more heavily.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#6AssultTankPosted 3/26/2013 7:31:41 AM
InfestedAdam posted...
Elaeus posted...

I'll agree with this. The whole 5-second rule, downranking and cast-canceling was more involving and enjoyable to me. More so than trying to time my heals to deal with the periodic massive AoE damage or damage spikes that later raids seem to use more heavily.

They got rid of the 5 second rule and downranking in Cata didn't they?
---
http://wh.gov/RI5h Petition to declare Westboro Baptist Church a hate group.
John 6:53 Jesus promoting cannibalism.
#7AssultTankPosted 3/26/2013 7:31:41 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8InfestedAdamPosted 3/26/2013 7:56:22 AM
AssultTank posted...
They got rid of the 5 second rule and downranking in Cata didn't they?

My mistake, I read Cata but thought Burning Crusade, must be the whole fiery stuff. I believe a lot of that was removed in Wrath of the Lich King if not in Cataclysm.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#9ElaeusPosted 3/26/2013 8:02:25 AM
Yeah, I suspected you were talking about BC when you talked about downranking because our shaman used to do that all the time, which honestly was an idiotic healing model (imo).

In Cata, you had to literally use everything in your arsenal in the heroic endgame, and even more, you had to perform b**** tasks at times (like stunning and crowdcontrol). Good days.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#10DawnshadowPosted 3/26/2013 8:36:09 AM
What level are you? I have noticed that, before 80, your regen is generally high enough that you can just sit there spamming. After 80, things start to get harder.

That said, it is much more merciful than early Cata. Did anyone actually enjoy waiting for a mana break after every pull?
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/