This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

this rotation right for arms?

#1onslaught49Posted 3/26/2013 3:22:44 AM
so my normal rotation usually goes like this...

collossus smash>mortal strike>2x overpower>mortal strike>2x overpower

i use colossus smash when the buff has ran out or has 1 sec left and usually use my dragon roar after my slam, does this sound right? this rotation seems to give me a steady flow along with 60k dps at ilv 464, unfortunately im still use a heroic 2 hander so i imagine my dps will increase abit when i get a lfr purple sword. anyway does this seem about right?
---
You can round up a million maggots to try to defeat me... but you'll still all just be maggots!
- Luca Blight
#2Lightning BoltPosted 3/26/2013 3:33:54 AM
Your Mortal Strike has a rather short cooldown compared to mine. :o
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#3HakPosted 3/26/2013 3:54:51 AM(edited)
Aye, someone appears to have 2 completely empty GCDs.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#4onslaught49(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 4:00:58 AM
crap i forgot to put in slam lol, anyway it should be collosus smash>mortal strike>2 x overpower>slam>mortal strike>2 x overpower>slam while making sure collosus smash is up whenever possible and using dragon roar on CD and using heroic strike when i have excessive rage, is this right?:)
---
You can round up a million maggots to try to defeat me... but you'll still all just be maggots!
- Luca Blight
#5Commander-GreePosted 3/26/2013 6:37:21 AM
onslaught49 posted...
crap i forgot to put in slam lol, anyway it should be collosus smash>mortal strike>2 x overpower>slam>mortal strike>2 x overpower>slam while making sure collosus smash is up whenever possible and using dragon roar on CD and using heroic strike when i have excessive rage, is this right?:)

That is the rotation as I understand it to be, but my warrior is only level 40, so I'm no expert. Though I was looking at Icy Veins and Noxxic the other day and they seemed to have complicated the rotation somewhat since 5.2.
#6Dark SummonerPosted 3/26/2013 7:43:51 AM
MS - CS - OP - Slam - HS if going to cap.

Never CS if the CS buff is still up and always try to MS before a CS, that way you have more rage going into the CS debuff and can spam more OP/Slams.

It's also not so much of a rotation as it is a priority system.
#7onslaught49(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 4:43:31 PM
cheers guys helpfull as always
---
- Luca Blight
#8silentzedPosted 3/26/2013 4:53:34 PM
Dark Summoner posted...

Never CS if the CS buff is still up and always try to MS before a CS, that way you have more rage going into the CS debuff and can spam more OP/Slams.

Wouldn't CS get used if you didn't have enough rage to Slam (for whatever reason) even if the debuff was up to avoid empty GCDs?

So it would look like MS > CS > OP > CS (if no OP charges and not enough rage to slam) > Slam > HS if going to cap?

Particularly, this would be a question when we have 3 targets where we should be weaving TC in which also consumes rage.
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#9Dark SummonerPosted 3/26/2013 7:29:16 PM
Dark Summoner posted...

Wouldn't CS get used if you didn't have enough rage to Slam (for whatever reason) even if the debuff was up to avoid empty GCDs?

So it would look like MS > CS > OP > CS (if no OP charges and not enough rage to slam) > Slam > HS if going to cap?

Particularly, this would be a question when we have 3 targets where we should be weaving TC in which also consumes rage.

Technically yes, but that's a fairly rare situation...although int his little rotation we're outlying we haven't even touched on the talented abilities such as Dragon Roar which should be used prior to CS as well (after the initial pull) due to it having no rage cost and already ignoring armor (Therefore pointless to use in CS unless we're in the situation that Silentzed just described.