This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a general pet battle group one should use?

#1Mike XtremePosted 3/26/2013 7:43:36 AM
I've been bored lately so I've been leveling battle pets. Is there a general group type I should be using? Right now I'm using the magical crawdad, phoenix hatchling, and fossilized raptor.
---
http://i53.tinypic.com/10n82fd.png - by Cads_4370
#2KresselackPosted 3/26/2013 9:04:36 AM
A Dragonkin can be a good all-around pet, Onyxia Whelpling or Infinite Whelpling are decent. Beast or Beast type moves are good for the multitude of Critters out there, I used a Flayer Whelpling (may not be as good since they nerfed Reflect) and Dimetradon Hatchling with the high attack stat pool, cat types can also do work. Mechanicals are also good choices since their moves are strong against beasts (the other common wild pet type) and they get a resurrect mechanic.
I also like Undead, Scourged Whelpling is pretty nice in that regard.

High speed Stat pool rabbits are useful since you can have 2 evades, turtles can be pretty tanky (same with magical crawdad), Shattrath crocs are alright for anti-elemental, and a disgusting oozeling or one of the pets with that movepool can also be really powerful, especially versus Aquatics.
---
Ave, magistros. Ave, registrus. Ave, leodastus. Ave, mendaxas. Illius animos. Illius vellenas. Illius fortens.
http://i.imgur.com/Uz5MDiR.png
#3XtraTPosted 3/26/2013 10:26:30 AM
the only real OP pet left are the oozelings, like the disgusting oozeling or the toxic wastling. Put 2 dots up, use absorb x2 and 98% of the pets will die and you will end with near full health.

Other than that it's not really which pet is the best but which best is the best against the type you're facing. Have an elemental pet against mechanicals, have a scourged whelping against dragons, flayer youngling against critters, a skunk or a fawn against elementals, a jade owl against aquatics,a flying against beasts, etc.

f course you can be the best there ever was with the pets you like the most, because it's what all matters in the end.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#4strycubusPosted 3/26/2013 11:05:29 AM
Without a doubt my MVP has been the vampire bat that I got from the Old school Kara event, I'm pretty sure that the forsaken argent tourny is the same deal though.

He's undead with Bite and Reckless Strike.

Critters are the only class that can counter him, but Bite counters them, every other class can be killed with Reckless Strike, and he absolutely murders Aquas. His revive ability is an automatic 750+ damage over 2 rounds with reckless strike on both rounds.
---
You can't miss something you never had.
#5XtraTPosted 3/26/2013 11:16:28 AM
strycubus posted...
Without a doubt my MVP has been the vampire bat that I got from the Old school Kara event, I'm pretty sure that the forsaken argent tourny is the same deal though.

Critters are the only class that can counter him, but Bite counters them, every other class can be killed with Reckless Strike, and he absolutely murders Aquas. His revive ability is an automatic 750+ damage over 2 rounds with reckless strike on both rounds.

while I'm sure you like your bat, the jade owl is the best aqua killer and also has a beast move while also having a stal move (lift off). Not saying yours isn't viable, just saying who's the best.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#6strycubusPosted 3/26/2013 11:30:03 AM
XtraT posted...
strycubus posted...

while I'm sure you like your bat, the jade owl is the best aqua killer and also has a beast move while also having a stal move (lift off). Not saying yours isn't viable, just saying who's the best.

I'm sure that the jade owl is a better aqua-counter, I'm just saying to the OP that the Vamp Bat is the better all arounder with no real hard counters, and above avg. damage against all types. A must have to open any boss battle IMO
---
You can't miss something you never had.
#7piplupzeroPosted 3/26/2013 4:49:17 PM
I seem to be doing well with landros lil XT. Phoenix hatching and darkmoon monkey. Phoenix hatchling feels really weak early on though but its doing me well so I guess tick with it :
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#8BMac89Posted 3/26/2013 6:53:55 PM
Pikachewp
---
I was on Intervention