This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm jealous of all of you.

#1phaze_basicPosted 3/26/2013 1:48:07 PM
I hope you guys are all aware of just how lucky you are to have enough free time to play a genre that actually employs a game mechanic known as a "timesink".

I love videogames, and I have taken on as few responsibilities in my life as I can possibly get away with, for the sole purpose of having as much videogame time as possible. And I still don't have the kind of time this game requires.

I'm not hating. I'm just jealous.
---
I'll believe that corporations are people when Texas executes one.
#2ElaeusPosted 3/26/2013 1:51:59 PM
Did you play this game before?

Because in case you are a new a player, you can try it out and level up on your own pace. The good thing about this particular game is that no matter when you start playing for the first time, whenever you reach max level it is pretty possible to catch up with majority of other players, excluded from that are the more progressed fanbase that go beyond the original game into heroic mode or rated playre vs. player action, which if I want to guess form all together around 10% of the playerbase.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#3Twain_DriverPosted 3/26/2013 1:59:02 PM
There are a lot of busy people that are also aware of this. It's the ones that live in the game that are likely to be tired of time sink mechanics. It's actually been a growing theme for memes as well (more purchasing power/less time to play).

I joke with my friends that when our lives slow down and we slide into retirement.... the games available then will likely be amazing.
#4Egxamer1Posted 3/26/2013 2:22:15 PM
Twain_Driver posted...

I joke with my friends that when our lives slow down and we slide into retirement.... the games available then will likely be amazing.

Damn it Grandma i dont wanna play with the grandkids! I have raid tonight and tell em to get off my damn lawn!
---
I am slaying all the bosses, I am winning all the dailies, I am doing all the dps, I am dating Mila Kunis, I am killing all the arenas, I belief in my Smelf.
#5LaManoNeraIIPosted 3/26/2013 4:21:54 PM
The only time sink is completely optional and useless "epic" gear. I play for the content and move on until there's more. Sometimes I get into PvP mode but getting PvP gear isn't a grind because I like to PvP. MMOs only offer what you take from them. Don't let others dictate your fun time.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#6IdTheDemonPosted 3/27/2013 6:45:29 AM
This game is extremely accessible to all time frames and lifestyles now.

In vanilla and TBC, if you had full epics from pve or pvp, you dedicated easily 20-30 hours a week. I screwed my personal life up a little in 2005 to 2008 due to the insane dedication needed.

Now, you can clear basic content individually via LFR on your own accord (best choice for casuals) or clear normal content with a 10 hour a week guild.

People may cry about easy epics and face roll (though ironically pve in Vanilla was faceroll extreme skill wise) but I never want to have to dedicate that amount of time to get gear again. I'm semi hardcore now raiding 3 days a week working on heroics and after raiding hardcore for 5+ years, I can never go back to anything that extreme.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/ceejay/simple
#7c0sa n0straPosted 3/27/2013 6:47:50 AM
LaManoNeraII posted...
The only time sink is completely optional and useless "epic" gear. I play for the content and move on until there's more. Sometimes I get into PvP mode but getting PvP gear isn't a grind because I like to PvP. MMOs only offer what you take from them. Don't let others dictate your fun time.

You mean like you are doing right now? What if your idea of fun is hardcore raiding? Purpz aren't so useless now are they?
#8Lightning BoltPosted 3/27/2013 6:49:51 AM
What responsibilities do you have that you can't avoid?
I'm about as self-sufficient as one can get in today's society and I have a solid 6 hours free time every day.

Unless you have a wife and kids or something. But I'd count those as easily avoidable.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#9ElaeusPosted 3/27/2013 7:04:54 AM
LaManoNeraII posted...

I hate it when people do this. You inevitably (and I am sure unintentionally) made yourself sound like on of the "I can't have that so it's not fun" crowd.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#10LaManoNeraIIPosted 3/27/2013 10:12:28 AM
Elaeus posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...

I hate it when people do this. You inevitably (and I am sure unintentionally) made yourself sound like on of the "I can't have that so it's not fun" crowd.

No, I'm proving my own point. I don't have fun grinding instances for gear that has no purpose and is outclassed by new expansion greens. I experience the content a few times and move on. I had fun at my own pace. If you consider something a "grind" then you likely don't find it fun- so why do it? PvP is not a grind to me as I find it fun.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009