This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you are rude to newbie tanks and healers, the lack thereof is your fault.

#1DawnshadowPosted 3/26/2013 9:20:19 PM(edited)
I realized something today. A lot of the hybrid DPS I know fall under two categories.

The first is made of people who used to be tanks or healers, but gave it up because the people in randoms were jerks. (These people will often be willing to tank or heal guild runs, though.)

The second is of people who would like to tank or heal, but are too afraid of the jerks, to the point where they won't even try in guild runs because they're convinced that they're not capable of it.

And, over and over while leveling alts, I see a similar, depressing pattern: at low levels there are a decent amount of new tanks and healers (many of which, granted, are somewhat clueless, but it's low levels.) And, depressingly often, one or more of the veterans in the group will go out of their way to flame the person trying out the new role for not being up to their lofty standards, or will try to boot them from the group on principle for being a newbie, or will just refuse to let them learn their role and tank for them because they're not going quickly enough for them. These %^&#s then get back on their mains and complain because their DPS queue is so long and whine because too many level 90 hybrids are playing DPS for some strange reason.

So, yes. If you expect perfection out of every tank and healer you get put in a group with, and are obscenely, vocally demeaning about how bad they are for even the slightest mistake, then you are the reason why there are so few tanks and healers at 90. They are literally being chased away from learning the roles because they haven't already learned the roles inside and out.

Polite advice is great ("hey, you'll keep aggro a lot better if you use Righteous Fury!"); doing impressions of Gordon Ramsay is not ("what kind of %&%ing ^%$%% doesn't know how to use righteous fury? Lrn2play, $^^$&#$.") Please, stop queuing for randoms; you're making the queues longer for everyone.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#2last manPosted 3/26/2013 9:21:16 PM
your post is to long to read as i am being lazy right now, but reading the topic header i agree.
---
Are you ready to live?
#3LanceFlugermanPosted 3/26/2013 9:25:46 PM
problem in 5 mans? CHAIN LIGHTNING!!!
---
Damn, GameFAQs is dying.
#4wowkirinPosted 3/26/2013 9:31:48 PM
I agree, some people are jerks. BUT as healer you can just let them die :)
#5SpookingPosted 3/26/2013 10:15:50 PM
I agree, and I was a jerk in a couple of 5-man myself. I was just impatient those times and wanted to rush through the dungeon. I try to be helpful and tell the tank/healer to take their time and learn most of the time.
---
Prism Ranger (Red): Isn't it obvious? We don't have any friends!
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
#6SpookingPosted 3/26/2013 10:17:28 PM(edited)
...oh, and also: I was once a Gnome Priest when I first started playing. I felt I was doing good levels 1-15 until I entered my first LFD as a healer. I went out of mana and the Druid who was tanking just healed himself. They didn't say anything, but I did feel bad since I couldn't keep up.
---
Prism Ranger (Red): Isn't it obvious? We don't have any friends!
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
#7bladstPosted 3/26/2013 10:32:30 PM
I was doing a heroic earlier and at the start the tank said he is learning to tank and had never done the dungeon. So we all said ok and went along our way. Told him what he was doing wrong and what to improve on. We wiped on a boss and ran back in. The tank then said "I'm just going to leave you guys don't need this" to which we said "you said you were new and learning, why would you run off at the first mistake" they were stunned that we didn't berate him for messing up. That shouldn't be what is expected. I try to help out with advice as often as I can.

Also tc I didn't read your post just the title
---
guns don't kill people, people kill people, but the gun helps
#8LaManoNeraIIPosted 3/26/2013 10:47:02 PM
My problem with tanking and healing is that everyone else just herp derp mouth breathes, turn their brains off and expect you to know and lead the whole dungeon for them if you're tanking or expect your heals to make up for their mistakes and be their safety net. Most players just don't understand or care about cooperation and think of groupmates as just a means to serve them. Or the group as something to tolerate instead of participate.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#9costello11Posted 3/27/2013 2:18:52 AM
Pop
Ppp
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#10redundanciesPosted 3/27/2013 4:26:37 AM
100% agreed. I only tank guild runs anymore - I got tired of the rude people in randoms.