This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you are rude to newbie tanks and healers, the lack thereof is your fault.

#31Corkhead82Posted 3/27/2013 4:22:35 PM
Another reason why I quit this game and just lurk here from time to time to witness it's slow decline...
---
That right there was either a half-hearted attempt to be funny, or a wholehearted attempt to be a moron...
#32XtraTPosted 3/27/2013 4:46:14 PM
Corkhead82 posted...
Another reason why I quit this game and just lurk here from time to time to witness it's slow decline...

I'm glad you stopped playing if you don't know the difference because it's and its.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#33redundanciesPosted 3/28/2013 5:13:46 AM
Well the thing is, this topic specifically doesn't apply to you because you are actually competent and been around long enough to know the game in and out in a way that you can roll any class for any roll and do well especially in low level brackets, so I honestly can't imagine what kind of issues you will face with rudes..

True, but I am human and have messed up from time to time, and as mentioned by a couple posters, sometimes a single screwup will have people getting all pissy about it. I frankly don't need that headache.

And each expansion makes me feel like a newb anyway. I got static from some arrogant DPS in an MSP run near the beginning of MoP because I'd been there exactly once and forgot which direction to go when I was in that area with the big rectangular hallway.
#34The_DOAMPosted 3/28/2013 5:46:54 AM
wowkirin posted...
I agree, some people are jerks. BUT as healer you can just let them die :)

^ Agree but sadly everyone can res nowadays. Damn mass res messing up my holy revenge.....
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#35Corkhead82Posted 3/28/2013 12:16:30 PM
Lol... I do know the difference between its and it's and seemingly made a mistake on my last post. The last thing you would want in this game is somebody who can't type with proper grammar and spelling amirite? Pathetic.
---
That right there was either a half-hearted attempt to be funny, or a wholehearted attempt to be a moron...
#36BombermanGoldPosted 3/28/2013 1:01:19 PM
The one thing I dread when tanking instances (especially heroic ones) I have never done before.

Even worse, say outright at beginning you've never been to this instance before, and that might be what causes people to leave the group!
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#37Twain_DriverPosted 3/28/2013 1:13:45 PM
Even worse, say outright at beginning you've never been to this instance before, and that might be what causes people to leave the group!

You know, this may be a good tactic to use to weed out the unfavorable anti-fun types.
#38t3h MikePosted 3/28/2013 5:38:26 PM
New tanks and healers I'm fine with. I'll even help them. BUT while I was leveling my Monk, I went into his first RDF, Deadmines. Our tank? A Fury Warrior. -_- I ended up tanking the dungeon as a Windwalker because well...he couldn't hold aggro because he wasn't prot. Tried to explain, he just kept saying it would be fine.

Now, this isn't a problem in the low levels...but I've seen my share of Holy Paladins trying to tank in cloth gear at level cap of every expansion, and DK with Holy Pally gear on trying to tank...and well...you get the idea.
---
XBox Live Gamertag: hiddenlineage
#39RanmaRanmaPosted 3/28/2013 6:13:49 PM
Great post, TC. More people need to realize things like this. I love tanking and healing, but after taking breaks from the game and coming back, I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do to learn what everyone else already knows.

Most of the time, I'm too afraid to jump right back into tanking/healing until I've mastered the dungeons/raids as dps and learned the ins and outs. Mainly it's because I don't want people getting upset with me if I mess up. I'm not afraid of failure, myself. I learn quick and I like the challenge of a conquering a new boss fight, but many people are too impatient.

I think it has a lot to do with how WoW is made: it's set up to have everything be this short, easy endeavor that just tosses rewards at you, but then there's also a billion things you need to get done (dailies, valor, PvP, crafting, etc.). The system has made it so that patience only slows you down. Good on those people who are patient and helpful, though. I try to be that way, myself.
---
http://animerecap.blogspot.com/
#40EDarienPosted 3/28/2013 9:48:43 PM
While I've already pointed out my support of TC and the main point, I have noticed something in this topic.

Most of the posters here are very anti-confrontational. Very passive, sensitive people. I'm not judging the lot, just pointing something out. Some might argue I'm more "aggressive" than "assertive". So I'm not exactly a good model on healthy behaviors for such, but I noticed a lot of you are on the opposite end of that spectrum. Also not saying I don't have my own sensitivities and insecurities. I certainly do. Heck, it took me a few years to start tanking myself. I was ranged DPS all the way for a very long time.

Tanks/healers are important enough that being able to stand your ground and just say, "Hey. I'm new. Don't like it? Leave and requeue. Your replacement will be here before I can tab out, change the song and come back into WoW," would actually yield results rather than a kick. Tanks in particular. Again, perhaps somewhat aggressive on that example, but the point remains the same. Tanks and healers dictate the pace of a dungeon. When I play DPS, yes I get frustrated with slow tanks, too. Especially since I'd do it differently, with actual experience tanking which is unlike so many impatient, vocal DPS out there. However, when playing DPS, we're also subject to unpredictable queue times as well as more competition for loot when you do get in.

My only real point here is that it might do some of the "I don't want people getting upset with me" people good to get a little more self-confidence. Not just in WoW, but in life. I mean, if you're that timid in a game of anonymity and no real consequences, I can only imagine when you're looking your aggressor in the face.

Believe it or not, this is meant to be helpful, not mean or judgmental. I just hope it inspires someone to feel a little better about themselves, (wo)man up and try something new. Be it in WoW or life. A little adventure goes a long way. Plus it makes for fun stories over drinks. And who couldn't use a few more of those, eh?
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14