This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most button-less tank?

#1DAntiproduktPosted 3/26/2013 9:20:33 PM
Ergo, a tank best played with one hand.

Let's say I got a friend who wants to tank for us, but he's missing three fingers on his left. Uses a G600.

I recommend either a DK or a Bear Druid, but a second opinion would be great.
---
Get going. Get tough. Get angry! Stay hungry! Get mean! Stay lean! Say what you mean and say it mean.
#2AnaTheCatPosted 3/26/2013 9:21:21 PM
Bear
#3eeshaysPosted 3/26/2013 10:03:20 PM
This game isn't meant for people with one hand >_>
---
Lesbians.
#4vahndragonwingPosted 3/27/2013 3:41:32 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/534914-world-of-warcraft/65748133
---
IMO
#5SulticunePosted 3/27/2013 4:06:47 AM
Bear Druid is, unfortunately, very simple.

Just put these on easy to reach buttons:

Mangle
Thrash
Lacerate
Frenzied Regen
Survival Instincts
A macro with Renewal and Might of Ursoc
Berserk

And maybe:

Skull Bash
Heart of the wild
Maul
Stampeding Roar

If it's nothing super challenging then you'd do just fine with those.
---
Chaos in Order brings Order to Chaos. Honour the Balance
The cloud boss cares not for your 277 rings. - mntwins0001
#6piplupzeroPosted 3/27/2013 4:38:48 AM
Assuming no talents (So this will be far from accurate)
Probably bear. They were pretty simple last time I played though don't have much info on them due to how rare they are this xpac.

Next would probably be DK. Outbreak at start then just spam death strike and rune strike with the only really hard part being timing death strike perfectly which is far from required. Maybe throw in a blood boil to refresh diseases if your feeling frisky.
Id imagine paladin would be next. Crusader strike/HotR and judgement to build up H-power. Word of glory or shield of the righteous to spend it. Although they probably have the most cooldowns. 2 damage reducing ones and 2 magic damage reducing one so I suppose any complexity comes from managing those?
Next would likely be warrior. Shield slam, revenge,devastate, shield block, shield barrier. Obviously the complexity here is choosing between block and barrier and timing it to minimise damage.
Finally monk. Jab, Tiger palm, blackout kick, keg smash,purifying brew and elusive brew. With the complexity here being chi management and elusive brew timing. Choosing to spend it on purifying brew or blackout kick which is not easy.

Tanks are not defined by how many buttons they have though. They are about using the tools you have available to minimise your damage taken as strategically as possible so you don't need too many buttons to play any tank. Just a brain :P
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#7c0sa n0straPosted 3/27/2013 5:35:01 AM
piplupzero posted...
Assuming no talents (So this will be far from accurate)
Probably bear. They were pretty simple last time I played though don't have much info on them due to how rare they are this xpac.

Next would probably be DK. Outbreak at start then just spam death strike and rune strike with the only really hard part being timing death strike perfectly which is far from required. Maybe throw in a blood boil to refresh diseases if your feeling frisky.
Id imagine paladin would be next. Crusader strike/HotR and judgement to build up H-power. Word of glory or shield of the righteous to spend it. Although they probably have the most cooldowns. 2 damage reducing ones and 2 magic damage reducing one so I suppose any complexity comes from managing those?
Next would likely be warrior. Shield slam, revenge,devastate, shield block, shield barrier. Obviously the complexity here is choosing between block and barrier and timing it to minimise damage.
Finally monk. Jab, Tiger palm, blackout kick, keg smash,purifying brew and elusive brew. With the complexity here being chi management and elusive brew timing. Choosing to spend it on purifying brew or blackout kick which is not easy.

Tanks are not defined by how many buttons they have though. They are about using the tools you have available to minimise your damage taken as strategically as possible so you don't need too many buttons to play any tank. Just a brain :P

They are if you're missing some fingers :)
#8ShadowEdgeXPosted 3/27/2013 3:32:01 PM
Is he missing fingers on his mouse hand or his keyboard hand? If it's the keyboard hand, he should be able to play any tanking class with the G600, especially if he's able to use shift and/or ctrl along with the thumb buttons on the mouse.
---
Proud to have formerly lived in the only country in the world whose National Sport has a sequel
#9MorgasaurusPosted 3/27/2013 10:10:15 PM(edited)
If he becomes adept at the side buttons and mods them with Ctrl, Shift he already has 2x the number of binds that I have.

Hell if you bound movement to mouse wheel tilt and mastered the G600 you could play the game one-handed.

He doesn't need to worry about too many buttons.

Man this kinda makes me want to buy a G600.
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
#10CornwallacePosted 3/27/2013 10:22:26 PM
If you're missing fingers, I think you have bigger issues to sort out than what tank is easiest. Besides, you can click in PvE.
---
http://creativegametheory.com/ Upcoming free Tower Defense game, check it out if you want. I'm not the boss of you. Platinum FC - 4599 8066 5562