This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need advice on a Pathfinder campaign(based in Warcraft)(Potential Spoilers?)

#1iamsuperdude29Posted 3/27/2013 3:14:38 AM
I am going to be continuing a Pathfinder campaign with my friends that is based in the Warcraft universe.

They are playing as members of the Alliance and I've taken them to:

The Deadmines to rescue the King(I just shortened the story for that so they could meet the king), Uldaman to recover artifacts which sent them to Ironforge to find out about the necklace that you find in Uldaman. I took them north towards the Undercity and they fought off bad guys in the Arathi Basin and eventually met the owner of the necklace. Which turned out to be a paladin turned death knight who was working for Sylvanas.

Then they went to Gilneas and tried to help them with the worgen curse and gather more allies for a battle in the Undercity. Then I took them to the Undercity for a fight with Varimathras. Then Varian Wrynn and Thrall showed up and the whole argument went down about if they should killed Sylvanas or not. They chose not to kill her.

We haven't played in about 5 months with that story line due to work and the holidays, but now we are all ready to get back into it!

I just need some advice on where I should take them next. I'm obviously modifying the story and making different things happen that are not together in the timeline, but they have no idea about the lore so it's working out.

Obviously I will update you guys on the progress if you help me out!
---
Gamertag: FiLdo28
Twitch.tv channel: http://www.twitch.tv/fildo28
#2KresselackPosted 3/27/2013 3:40:16 AM
I can't remember the name, but in Tirisfal on the western side I believe there's this creepy grove area. Back in Cataclysm there was a lot of speculation about it and an Old God being buried there. You could try to look it up and build an adventure off that, especially if you want to get the Twilight's Hammer involved, since you're at Undercity.
---
Ave, magistros. Ave, registrus. Ave, leodastus. Ave, mendaxas. Illius animos. Illius vellenas. Illius fortens.
http://i.imgur.com/Uz5MDiR.png
#3iamsuperdude29(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 1:36:18 PM
Bump
---
Gamertag: FiLdo28
Twitch.tv channel: http://www.twitch.tv/fildo28
#4NibsnPosted 3/27/2013 3:08:56 PM
From Undercity you could travel through the plaguelands, maybe go through Scholo or Strat. There's also the Blood Elf places, and one of the troll places up that way (Zul'Aman I think...) Then above that is Silvermoon and the Sunwell.

Or, the zepplin to Orgrimmar and Stranglethorn is near the Undercity. The zepplins are Horde of course, maybe you could hijack them, hehe. If you're allies you're probably not going to want to head straight into Horde territory, but you could head back down past Ironforge and Stormwind to Stranglethorn, maybe have a pirate adventure.

If I remember right, the alliance had some ships in Gilneas, maybe you could take a ship somewhere, like start a series of adventures from a new starting point, instead of wandering around the Horde part of Eastern Kingdoms.
#5EDarienPosted 3/27/2013 4:30:12 PM
Nibsn posted...
From Undercity you could travel through the plaguelands, maybe go through Scholo or Strat. There's also the Blood Elf places, and one of the troll places up that way (Zul'Aman I think...) Then above that is Silvermoon and the Sunwell.

Or, the zepplin to Orgrimmar and Stranglethorn is near the Undercity. The zepplins are Horde of course, maybe you could hijack them, hehe. If you're allies you're probably not going to want to head straight into Horde territory, but you could head back down past Ironforge and Stormwind to Stranglethorn, maybe have a pirate adventure.

If I remember right, the alliance had some ships in Gilneas, maybe you could take a ship somewhere, like start a series of adventures from a new starting point, instead of wandering around the Horde part of Eastern Kingdoms.

^ I dig the Silvermoon idea. In the regards that they chose to spare Sylvanas, perhaps, despite their Alliance ties, she might thank them in some way. She is from Silvermoon area so perhaps something that leads them through the Plaguelands and into the Ghostlands/Silvermoon region might be fun.

As you said, they don't know much about the lore, so you could really do whatever you wanted in regards to Horde/Ally relations to suit what you wanted to do up there. Not to mention, the translocater at the entrance of UC. That itself might be interesting to note, especially for a curious, albeit impulsive rogue or other such if there are any of those in your group. You might even just mention it with a small perception check that one of them sees a golden base with a glowing red orb from the corner of their eye as they're leaving the city. *touch* Oops! haha. Just an idea.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#6MorgasaurusPosted 3/27/2013 11:36:08 PM
Yes! Go with the Hijacked Zeppelin idea. You could even give the players the option of bribing the goblin crew or killing them and have the zeppelin crash-land if they choose to kill them. Or something. I'm not entirely familiar with Pathfinder.

Either way they end up in STV where you could have a lot of wildlife to kill, the players could meet the (old) Zandalar Tribe trolls and be sent on the Hakkar kill mission in ZG.

From there you're not too far from Blasted Lands and the whole Dark Portal thing to transition into BC (If you actually care about going in order of expansions.)

Plus you've always got an ace up your sleeve in SURPRISE ZOMBIE ATTACK GOTTA GO KILL ARTHAS NOW LULZ!!

Then there's the whole SURPRISE DRAGON EXPLODING OUT OF THE OCEAN ALMOST DESTROYS THE WORLD GOTTA KILL DEATHWANG!

...I guess it's a good thing all the supervillians didn't team up on us Heroes of Azeroth. Just imagine if you were chillin' in Stormwind, looked up in the air and saw Illidan riding Deathwang next to Arthas riding Sindragosa next to Kael Thas riding A'lar next to Kel Thuzad riding Sapphiron next to Rend Blackhand riding Nefarian next to Cho'Gal riding Valiona next to Hogger riding Malygos. Wait, you should totally do that later.
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26