This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

question about resto shamans.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. question about resto shamans.
2 years ago#1
ok guys, i just got to level 44.

now i have unlocked chain heal, should i add it to my AB or take off another healing ability?

i have healing surge and wave + riptide. EDIT: also i use earthliving & earth shield.

was thinking, should i ditch healing wave? (as they both take 2.46s to cast)

or like i said, still add it to my Action Bar?

any official shamans of the WoW boards, or anyone with experience with shamans help me please.

also another question....

is it possible (nay viable) to heal as ele shaman? the still get healing
surge and chain heal? and are obvious dps'ers. or is a idjit type of idea?

thaks to all who reply/help.
---
If the original KotOR and World of Warcraft had an abortion it would look something like this. mikejolik on SWTOR
2 years ago#2
slight bump....
---
If the original KotOR and World of Warcraft had an abortion it would look something like this. mikejolik on SWTOR
2 years ago#3
Just dual spec Ele/Resto and use them for their respective roles.

Chain heal is useful, so use it. Wherever you put it on any of the 4(5?) action bars is up to you.

Edit: Keep all of your healing abilities on one bar, that's what I do anyway. Also you could look into using Healbot which will let you clean up your action bars a little bit.
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
2 years ago#4
thanks cheese.

I am dual spec'ing ele and resto anyway.

i take it i just google that healbot rite?

thanks anyway.
---
2 years ago#5
thebladeofwoe posted...
thanks cheese.

I am dual spec'ing ele and resto anyway.

i take it i just google that healbot rite?

thanks anyway.

Go to Curse.com to download the curse client and then search through Curse for Healbot and download it with the client.
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
2 years ago#6
As a healer you almost never take off any healing spell of your action bar, generally speaking. All has their uses and some of them share mana costs for that reason (so that you use them properly). In your example, Chain Heal is a group heal while Healing Wave is single target. Totally different spells.

What is your action bar keys like? 1 to =? You will need to get used to something like 1 - 5 and then letters like Q,E,R,Z, etc...

Also it's easier to just download a healing addon like someone else suggested and heal by clicking different button and combination with your mouse.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
2 years ago#7
Elaeus posted...
As a healer you almost never take off any healing spell of your action bar, generally speaking. All has their uses and some of them share mana costs for that reason (so that you use them properly). In your example, Chain Heal is a group heal while Healing Wave is single target. Totally different spells.

What is your action bar keys like? 1 to =? You will need to get used to something like 1 - 5 and then letters like Q,E,R,Z, etc...

Also it's easier to just download a healing addon like someone else suggested and heal by clicking different button and combination with your mouse.

my keys are 1-~= then i have certain abilities binded here and there.

and yeah i will try curse, i know what to do there.

thanks for your help guys.
---
2 years ago#8
also here is my rotation for my healing.

I target a player (normally the tank first)

cast Earth shield, i also keep an eye on how low ES is on said char.

When the enter ANY battle be it trash, boss Etc... i cast riptide, then i normally keep healing surge preped and ready.

With the occasion of healing totem out if it is a boss.

now for chain heal, simply cast riptide on the most injured party member. then pop CH to heal all in one go? thst about right lol.
---
2 years ago#9
If you use Healing Serge all the time then I have bad news for you: You are going to have a hard time at lv90.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
2 years ago#10
Aaaaagh.... never use the default 7 through = for anything other than out of combat spells unless you are Michael Jordan or something.

In addition to binding buttons near WASD to abilities, you might also bind Shift+12345QERC and Ctrl+123345QERC for example to abilities you use less often. The sooner you do this the better as you will be able to get used to the keybinds. Also make sure 12 of those keybinds are on the main action bar. The reason is that when you play some alts, the main action bar changes based on stance (e.g. rogue, druid) and you will want a full 12 keybinds to be available in all forms. Shaman is an especially bad offender when it comes to requiring lots and lots of keybinds.

Another tip is to use macros to "compress" your action bars. I heal and nuke by targeting instead of mouseover, so I use macros like

/cast [mod:alt,target=player] [help] Greater Healing Wave;Lava Burst

That is on my 1 button. If my target is hostile it will Lava Burst it. If my target is friendly it will Greater Healing Wave it, and alt will function as a self-cast. If you like mouseover healing instead you can adjust the macro so it will base it's assessment of friend versus foe on your mouseover instead of your target. Macros like these will allow you to off-DPS easily when the situation calls for it.

I also have this macro on Q:

/use [mod:alt] 13
/use [mod:alt] 14
/cast [mod:alt] Ascendance ; Ancestral Swiftness

This makes alt-Q trigger use trinkets and ascendance, whereas just Q only uses Ancestral Swiftness. Sometimes I "comment out" the trinket lines if I feel like stacking the trinkets with ascendance is not a good idea or they have a shared cooldown. When I had the shado pan and shieldwall trinkets, I macro'd them both to riptide so their spirit bonus would always be used on cooldown. I won't be able to do that with the Shado Pan assault trinket because it's a longer cooldown and the mana is instantaneous... grrrrr. Whether or not you macro trinkets depends on their "use" effects.

Another good keybind is "Target Last Hostile" I have this on G to make it easy to target the boss during a heal cast to prepare to weave lightning bolts. I have autorun on F not only for general purposes but because it can actually be a useful thing to do in conjunction with Spiritwalker's Grace which is a cooldown that lets you cast on the move.
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. question about resto shamans.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived