This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which is more of a "Magic Knight"

#1NeoSamuelPosted 3/27/2013 8:23:13 PM
Death Knight or Enchance Shaman?
---
I am the Black Mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!
#2MarndosPosted 3/27/2013 8:25:06 PM
what is this "magic knight" point of reference exactly?
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.
#3bluemarioPosted 3/27/2013 8:25:46 PM
Paladin
---
They say a woman's work is never done....perhaps that's why they get paid 75 cents on the dollar to what a man makes.
#4EDarienPosted 3/27/2013 8:30:42 PM
Paladin and DK. Enhance Shaman isn't a knight in the least. They're more of a battle-mage than anything.

Paladin for the light magic. DK for necromantic Knight. There isn't a straight Magic Knight, though. Paladin is the closest, if their spell animations were arcane instead of Holy, they'd already be perfect, come to think.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#5NeoSamuel(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 8:48:32 PM
Marndos posted...

A primarly melee class that uses magic for support.
---
I am the Black Mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!
#6bluemarioPosted 3/27/2013 8:50:43 PM
I think paladin fits that pretty well
---
They say a woman's work is never done....perhaps that's why they get paid 75 cents on the dollar to what a man makes.
#7BushidoMusashiPosted 3/27/2013 8:58:57 PM
Well one uses magic the other is a knight. Neither are both strictly speaking. Paladin is closest to the concept I think you are going for though.
---
GT: Purity6of6Evil6
Praeclarum Custodem Ovium Lupum
#8Nightbird_XPosted 3/27/2013 9:05:25 PM(edited)
NeoSamuel posted...
Marndos posted...

A primarly melee class that uses magic for support

Uh..DK and Paladin both fit this niche. They are both melee that use spells. Paladin more-so as they have a Healing tree.
---
I'm told I look a lot like Rory Macdonald - http://i46.tinypic.com/2eyf5sy.jpg
#9MarndosPosted 3/27/2013 9:16:28 PM
NeoSamuel posted...
Marndos posted...

A primarly melee class that uses magic for support.

Well both of those (along with Paladin) fit that description well.

Death Knights and Paladins fit the "knight" profile, plate-wearing badasses swinging giant weapons. Paladins use holy "magic" and DKs use necromancy-type magic.

Enhance Shamans are closer to a traditional "magic" class (fire and lightning and asplosions) but are closer in fighting style to an agile rogue-like fighter than a heavily-armored knight. Enhance Shamans are kinda like rogues who throw lightning.
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.
#10Brig123Posted 3/27/2013 9:34:37 PM
I'd say DK's. I always interpreted as 'magic' knights being synonymous with 'Runic' knights, ie knights that wield a large portion of their magic through magic weapons, absorbing and redirecting spells away from them.

DK's fill this role well with runic weapons, forging, and a lot of their spells are themed with deflecting magic (AMS, Dark Sim, AMZ)