This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's really a sad state when people purchase guides to level professions.

#1Kanus_oq_SerunaPosted 3/29/2013 1:14:06 AM
Granted, it's the same person who has to have a leveling guide.

Can't learn teh quests, nope has to have her hand held the whole time. It's a wonder she struggles though some zones. Took a break cause of spawn rates? Heh, I wish the spawn rates were faster so I could farm better.

But anywho, the person needs a guide for all sorts of professions, including mining and herbing cause she can't figure out what she needs to mine. Let that sink in.

Generally: You go to the trainer, you train as much as you can. In the case of mining, you can also learn to smelt different things. Generally, the highest thing you can smelt is also the highest ore you can mine.

Oh, and best part, and this is what I've explained. For gathering professions, there's plenty of free addons that can help, and you can use small commands to ensure you have just about all the nodes known. Oh, but the addons don't tell you what you are supposed to be farming based on your level... Just sad.

There is a site dedicated to profession stuffs, all free, easy to look at, that's a decent guide for most of the professions. It's not spot on, but when you wanna power level a profession, it helps you figure out what all you need up front.
---
For topical discussions of the Source Mod remake of Half Life: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683833-black-mesa
#2B1g_ClownPosted 3/29/2013 1:24:34 AM
I'm not a nerd so idk and idc about where all the herbs/ores spawn in what zone. so ofc I'm going to look up a guide to tell me wtf to do. but to pay for a guide? nope.jpg
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjJi5xhAOzQ
#3RockeignPosted 3/29/2013 1:32:39 AM
Some people are just ignorant to that kind of stuff. It seems obvious to us since we've been around the internet once or twice but to some who just got the game, they're just lost as all hell. It's like those guys who pay Geek Squad hundreds of dollars to just format their glitch infested laptop.
#4Glockass1Posted 3/29/2013 2:03:10 AM
First of all

http://www.tarouwowguides.com/

Second of all,

http://www.hicksville.co.nz/Pirate.GIF
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#5fallen_acolytePosted 3/29/2013 4:25:23 AM
I use wow-professions.c0m. its free
#6LanceFlugermanPosted 3/29/2013 6:15:06 AM
Gamers gotta eat too.

Why all the hate when folks get paid to play?
---
Damn, GameFAQs is dying.
#7LaManoNeraIIPosted 3/29/2013 11:19:47 AM
Hate the game, not the player. It's sad game design. There's absolutely nothing interesting or engaging about gathering and crafting in WoW. It's purely busy work so you can't blame people for wanting to blow through it as fast as possible.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#8ryanell666Posted 3/29/2013 4:42:06 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...
Hate the game, not the player. It's sad game design. There's absolutely nothing interesting or engaging about gathering and crafting in WoW. It's purely busy work so you can't blame people for wanting to blow through it as fast as possible.

Sad game design?

Yeah, try not to sound too much like a CoD-child.

It's an MMORPG! A virtual world of escapist fantasy based in real time consequences..

Sure you don't have to farm all the time, but you should suffer the consequence of not doing everything you can to maximize your characters abilities.

You want to do the bare minimum? do the bare minimum. But accept the consequences for being a "bare minimum" player.

You want to maximize your character? Then do that if you prefer. and enjoy the benefits of bartering your efforts to other players, helping them and yourself.

But don't say you deserve to maximize your character, by doing the bare minimum.

With that being said, you CAN hate the player, since WoW has put one too many "convienances", and waaaay too many handicaps for the sake of those who expect a lot for nothing.
#9LaManoNeraIIPosted 3/29/2013 5:40:16 PM
ryanell666 posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...

Sad game design?

Yeah, try not to sound too much like a CoD-child.

It's an MMORPG! A virtual world of escapist fantasy based in real time consequences..

Sure you don't have to farm all the time, but you should suffer the consequence of not doing everything you can to maximize your characters abilities.

You want to do the bare minimum? do the bare minimum. But accept the consequences for being a "bare minimum" player.

You want to maximize your character? Then do that if you prefer. and enjoy the benefits of bartering your efforts to other players, helping them and yourself.

But don't say you deserve to maximize your character, by doing the bare minimum.

With that being said, you CAN hate the player, since WoW has put one too many "convienances", and waaaay too many handicaps for the sake of those who expect a lot for nothing.

What...? Lol

How is gathering and crafting in WoW in any way engaging or fun? Aside from the fact that it can improve your character. Do you know what menial labor and tasks to achieve and end is called? That's called a JOB. I have a job. I work for money and spend it on video games. Video games are entertainment.

WoW crafting and gathering makes no effort at all to be interesting or engaging. Compared to MMOs like SWG or EVE where crafting and gathering can be an entire playstyle that's FUN and has structure. Ya, ya those are sandbox MMOs but at the very least modern day themepark MMOs should be like TOR when it comes to crafting and gathering: if you don't want to make it fun or interesting, at least make it as hassle free as possible (I.E with TOR's companions doing the gathering, crafting multiple recipes at once, and crafting missions you can send them on).

WoW's '90s era crafting and gathering system is really inexcusable, especially compared to all the great revamps and improvements Blizzard has made to other systems in the game like questing and character customization. Compare WoW crafting/gathering to EQ 2, even. Not even in the same league. WoW is embarrassingly behind the times in this regard. I'm hoping a future expansion does something about it.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009