This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I tank with my DK or Paladin?

#1TheLoneGunmenPosted 3/29/2013 10:51:52 PM
I have them both geared for DPS but want to try tanking heroics and LFR.
---
In their own unique way, the three gunmen were patriots, fighting the good fight.
#2TheGreatCheezePosted 3/29/2013 10:55:44 PM
I tank on my Blood DK in LFR and 5mans and its pretty easy as long as you keep up Bone Shield, Blood Shield and of course keep aggro. I think Paladins may be easier to tank with, I have no idea but I don't hear anything about them being complicated to tank with.
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
#3TheLoneGunmen(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 11:03:55 PM
I also have a DPS warrior. I hear they are more complex though.
---
In their own unique way, the three gunmen were patriots, fighting the good fight.
#4TheGreatCheezePosted 3/29/2013 11:49:57 PM
I've always preferred Warrior tanking to other classes, somehow I've never leveled one to max though.
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
#5lunchbox2042Posted 3/30/2013 1:21:27 AM
Paladins are probably the most reliable tank at the moment and they can use similar gear to ret.
---
GT: Mr Fn Lunchbox
#6Lightning BoltPosted 3/30/2013 2:54:47 AM(edited)
Paladins are probably the most overpowered tank at the moment and they can use similar gear to ret.

^
You won't even have to regear all that much. Basically you stack the absolute **** out of haste to the exclusion of all else, after accuracy caps.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#7TheLoneGunmen(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 8:25:23 AM
Which has the easiest learning curve?
---
#8theFFVIguyPosted 3/31/2013 3:19:19 AM
Lightning Bolt posted...
Paladins are probably the most overpowered tank at the moment and they can use similar gear to ret.

^
You won't even have to regear all that much. Basically you stack the absolute **** out of haste to the exclusion of all else, after accuracy caps.

Haste on a tank? Things sure have changed since I stopped playing.
---
"Evil can be found everywhere, but it will never win as long as there are enough good people who fight against it."-Luca Turilli
#9ElaeusPosted 3/31/2013 3:28:55 AM(edited)
theFFVIguy posted...
Lightning Bolt posted...

^

Haste on a tank? Things sure have changed since I stopped playing.

Yeah, because of the new active mitigation and how it works it boils down to the more haste you have the less GCD you have so the less damage mitigation and heals you can dish out.

@TC: You should play what you find fun. I prefer personally paladin because I love the more static feel to it, and I definitely can see why others prefer the more active play of DKs.

TheLoneGunmen posted...

Both are pretty easy to tank as once you learn how to deploy their resrouces and how to spend(both classes use two resources). Honestly at the moment you can do well with both just by practicing in 5hcs then going over raid tactics for tanks if you want to tank raids (even LFR tanks need some sort of knowledge before stepping in).
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#10Lightning BoltPosted 3/31/2013 3:39:37 AM

I had an easier time learning Paladin during this past week where I've been borrowing a friend's. It's definitely way less punishing if you mess up than a DK is. Hell, there almost IS no way to mess up other than timing ShoR imperfectly (which can really only bite you on fights with mechanics like Triple Puncture/Hard Stare).

Contrast that to last night on Tortos trash. I accidentally used a Death Rune on Blood Boil and died not 4 seconds later because I couldn't Death Strike, leading to a wipe. A wipe on trash. Ugh.

And the aoe aggro is way easier on a Pally as well. But now I'm just being bitter. :p
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev