This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gimme an honest answer 'bout the state of the game.

#1cyborg99sreturnPosted 3/30/2013 5:04:56 AM
How is it?
Is it s***? Is it good? Fun? Repetitive? Raid guilds recruiting? Community still awful?
Been playing a lot of TERA since it went F2P and I've been enjoying it a lot. It's put the love of MMOs back in me, so I'm looking back at my old favorites, WoW and RIFT.
Got a friend that still plays RIFT, suggests I should now that I have an income, but wanted to hear how WoW's doing.
Been keeping up with the updating on MMO-Champ fairly oftenly, so I'm kinda(read: not really) familiar with new features, but want to hear what it's like inside from people that still play.
---
The metal blinds the eye of yet another lost existence...
#2piplupzeroPosted 3/30/2013 5:10:51 AM
I like it
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#3cyborg99sreturn(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:12:06 AM(edited)
piplupzero posted...
I like it

I can trust a guy who has the best Gen 4 starter in his name and enjoys Timesplitters.

EDIT: I just got off work. Sue me for leaving out part of sentences
---
#4XtraTPosted 3/30/2013 5:12:18 AM
pretty much like cata but they're adding LFR for every raid with old LFRs having an increased loot drop. 2nd raid tier recently came out and it has 12 bosses.

Sidestuff is mainly evolving dailies and pokemon.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#5cyborg99sreturn(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:14:41 AM
"pretty much like cata"

That's pretty foreboding
---
#6SpookingPosted 3/30/2013 5:37:13 AM
Terrible community, bad lore, boring kill/collection quests and boring dailies. Even with the bad community I do like LFR, LFD and running scenarios. Just have to put up with people when you start to clash over silly stuff.
---
Prism Ranger (Red): Isn't it obvious? We don't have any friends!
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
#7XtraTPosted 3/30/2013 5:48:07 AM
cyborg99sreturn posted...
"pretty much like cata"

That's pretty foreboding

what didn't you like about cata?
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#8jackster26Posted 3/30/2013 5:58:55 AM
XtraT posted...
cyborg99sreturn posted...
"pretty much like cata"

That's pretty foreboding

what didn't you like about cata?

You are asking the wrong question. Of all the xpacks and vanilla I would have to say MoP feels the least thought through, it feels half finished, starts off strong in the 1 zone then drops off substantially. The community feels just empty, there is no one place for people to gather meaning you dont see people that often makes the game feel real empty.

Only being able to do daily for rep? I have multiple 90s and been playing for almost 8 years, last thing i wanna do is quest when im supposed to be done questing and focusing on crafting, which is garbage btw, and raids and heroics. not forced to quest, needless to say i have no exalted reps when normally im exalted with everything within 2 weeks.

The community is actually pretty good, people seem a lot nicer though i do miss the gdkp runs of wrath going back. Cyborg you been on this board as long as me, I dunno, I really wouldnt recommend coming back until you have exhausted all options.
---
^( '.' )^
#9OldManRussPosted 3/30/2013 6:43:07 AM
Its fun, and its grindy and repetitive as all hell if you play more than one guy. Still its not as bad as this other poster says, there are many ways you can ease the rep grinds now. There are also a lot of fun distractions besides having your main guy in top shape with all the newest gadgets and gear.

Still it does not make up for the fact that the idea this expansion is to play EVERY day, maybe not all your guys all the time, but they def want you on at least one, for at least an hour or so.

I do not mind it too much, I get off work and do some IRL chores, then it sorta feels like its time for WoW "chores" you know, like I have to gather mats, or cap VP, or get my garden fixed, or do the new dailies.

Stuff like that is kinda a turn off, but the good thing is: While Blizz may be hardcore for this play style, they still see the need to make it more flexable, so you can spend like 5 or 6 hours playing on a weekend and still do a lot of catchup, even if you missed a few days during the week.

All in all, it has me on this "I NEED to play every day, if only for an hour or so just so I can finish this project" kinda feeling... But I do feel rewarded enough to do it most of the time.
#10angrywalrus13Posted 3/30/2013 8:08:39 AM
Better than it's ever been, if we're not being nostalgia fiends.
---
Thomx
like tommicks