This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

65000-70000 dps good for an iLvl 493 fury warrior who clicks?

#1TheLoneGunmenPosted 3/30/2013 8:30:33 PM
Just curious.
---
In their own unique way, the three gunmen were patriots, fighting the good fight.
#2TheGreatCheezePosted 3/30/2013 8:37:22 PM
Inb4postsaboutclicking
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
#3WaffIeElitePosted 3/30/2013 8:41:44 PM
Unfortunately that number is on the low end of what to expect from LFR in Throne of Thunder. Seriously, don't click. That "I've raided clicking for years!" crap people usually say only equates to "I've raided poorly for years!". You will see a tremendous difference if you fix that.
#4HexrapperPosted 3/30/2013 8:44:43 PM
From my understanding fury warriors are both very dependent on their 4pc and good weapons to perform well. Depending on your gear that *might* be okay.

I could also be totally wrong about fury warriors. 70k seems on the low end in general for ilvl 493 though.
---
SMILE! :D
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Hex/advanced
#5steveoSEKPosted 3/30/2013 9:30:19 PM
Unfortunately that number is on the low end of what to expect from LFR in Throne of Thunder. Seriously, don't click. That "I've raided clicking for years!" crap people usually say only equates to "I've raided poorly for years!". You will see a tremendous difference if you fix that.

i specifically play a class and spec that i CAN click with because keybinds are super unnatural feeling for me. i've tried for years and years and years in many different mmo's, it just doesn't feel right for me, but i don't wanna drag anyone down with me but i still wanna have fun so i specifically play classes you can click with and be competent.
---
http://i.imgur.com/FKvo0sE.jpg http://gurn.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/eek-a-mouse.jpg http://i.imgur.com/mmsHVBv.jpg
#6ElaeusPosted 3/31/2013 2:15:03 AM(edited)
steveoSEK posted...

i specifically play a class and spec that i CAN click with because keybinds are super unnatural feeling for me. i've tried for years and years and years in many different mmo's, it just doesn't feel right for me, but i don't wanna drag anyone down with me but i still wanna have fun so i specifically play classes you can click with and be competent.

There is nothing about clicking that makes you competent. If you do 75k dps clicking, you will do potentially 125k keybinding, which is kind of the point the poster you quoted was making.

Now sure, your clicking can get you carried in LFR and some normal modes, but you will never make it in the top end scene which means you will never be competitive as a result.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#7GENERALJA0Posted 3/31/2013 3:35:57 AM
I started in BC clicking but a friend irl got me into raiding and showed me the wonders of keybinds in wrath...

I can't even remember now what clicking was like...

Do Urself a favor and don't click, find a way to break the habit ur gaming performance in pve and pvp will double!
---
^^^ Above statements are my opinions and mine alone...
PSN- KiLLURjA0 XBL - KiLLER JA0
#8schmarkenheimerPosted 3/31/2013 3:45:56 AM
TBC mindset, hearing 70k dps as low. What a mind f***.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#9halomonkey1_3_5Posted 3/31/2013 4:51:05 AM
Elaeus posted...
There is nothing about clicking that makes you competent. If you do 75k dps clicking, you will do potentially 125k keybinding, which is kind of the point the poster you quoted was making.

I really wouldnt say its THAT big of a difference if all you change is clicking to keybinds. I'd say its more like a 10% change for most non-PvP situations, bit more on movement heavy fights and less on fights that dont require too much movement(most of LFR). Its not 40%(although I'm sure thats hyperbole) unless you went from clicking while un-enchanted/gemmed/etc and using a sub-par rotation to keybinding while enchanted/gemmed/etc and using your best rotation.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#10ElaeusPosted 3/31/2013 4:54:04 AM
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
Elaeus posted...

I really wouldnt say its THAT big of a difference if all you change is clicking to keybinds. I'd say its more like a 10% change for most non-PvP situations, bit more on movement heavy fights and less on fights that dont require too much movement(most of LFR). Its not 40%(although I'm sure thats hyperbole) unless you went from clicking while un-enchanted/gemmed/etc and using a sub-par rotation to keybinding while enchanted/gemmed/etc and using your best rotation.

It depends on the class really. I will agree that classes with less complicated rotations will notice a 10%-15% increase but trust me when your hands get all busy especially on trash heavy fights you will get further increase.

Still 10%-15% in PvE IS actually game breaking when you are talking from a competitive point of view. If you check top 200 world dps in any spec for the most part the difference between, say, rank 54 and rank 53 is in the 100-500 dps, so in your example the 10% is the difference between getting ranked (competitive) or not.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22