This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Not happy with my prot paladin : (

#1SgtSilockPosted 4/1/2013 1:33:32 AM
So I just spent what felt like the longest time EVER levelling a character, and was a protection paladin. I did it because I love to tank, however now I am starting to not like him because he feels so weak! Granted I only have a few epics, but I went down to Black Temple yesterday to see if I could solo it and I couldn't even get past the first boss, I went down to magathardion (I know its not spelt right) and it took me SO long to kill him!

My main problem is, i just feel so weak and I was hoping that I could solo some raid content to get some transmog gear but I can't even do that at the minute, I am 463 ilvl.

Any tips?

Thanks guys.
---
You have to give to receive
#2thejectPosted 4/1/2013 1:35:05 AM
You can't be for real.
---
"Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive."
#3SgtSilock(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 1:41:29 AM
Unfortunately I am.
---
You have to give to receive
#4GForceDragonPosted 4/1/2013 1:49:47 AM
SgtSilock posted...
Any tips?

Get better gear, pretty much.
---
"activision merger bobby kotick call of duty casual bad scrub hardcore activision greedy diablo glitchy buggy activision bobby kotick"-halomonkey1_3_5
#5MarndosPosted 4/1/2013 2:08:17 AM
Define "weak." Do you feel like you're dying too easily, or not dishing out enough damage?

For the former, yeah basically getting better gear is the simple way to remedy this. Also make sure you know how to use your mitigation abilities properly.

For the latter, Prot Paladins are not known for their damage output. Other tanks like DKs, Monks, and I believe even Warriors can put out more damage than them and are better suited for soloing old content. I remember one time both me and a Blood DK in our guild went in to see if we could solo heroic Wise Mari (first boss in Temple of the Jade Serpent, lamest "boss" fight in the game) back in the early days of MoP. Although we were both successful, it took me about five times as long since Prot damage output is ass.
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.
#6Lightning BoltPosted 4/1/2013 2:09:32 AM
Prot Paladins are not known for their damage output

/shakefist
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev