This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Paladin Tank Help

#11danw15yr(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 6:24:06 AM
Well at the end of the day weather I'm raiding or not this is an RPG and I do like the flavor of being a miner and a jewlcrafter :)

Again cheers for all the input :)
---
------
We've decided to stop using the term "work, life balance" as this implies that your life has meaning.
#12MakahtynoPosted 4/2/2013 4:39:30 PM
Lightning Bolt posted...

So people can do as they like, either way works. Just so long as they know the reasons for why they do what they do. :p

http://sacredduty.net/2012/12/18/damage-smoothing-for-paladins-round-three/

I'll believe Theck and my own experiences over random Gamefaqs posters.
#13jackster26Posted 4/2/2013 5:06:22 PM
Makahtyno posted...
Lightning Bolt posted...

So people can do as they like, either way works. Just so long as they know the reasons for why they do what they do. :p

http://sacredduty.net/2012/12/18/damage-smoothing-for-paladins-round-three/

I'll believe Theck and my own experiences over random Gamefaqs posters.

Yeah that links pretty old and basicly what he says is get to exp cap to lower spike damage but take MORE damage overall.

Either way works and you "random" poster sure has a lot of correct information. I guarantee he is better then you.
---
^( '.' )^
#14MakahtynoPosted 4/2/2013 5:13:35 PM(edited)
jackster26 posted...

Yeah that links pretty old and basicly what he says is get to exp cap to lower spike damage but take MORE damage overall.

Either way works and you "random" poster sure has a lot of correct information. I guarantee he is better then you.

Reducing spike damage is all that Throne of Thunder is( and most of last Tier as well).

Paladins are by far the best tanks for current Tier because we reduce things like Triple Puncture, Hard Stare, Talon Rake 100% of the time from our Active Mitigation alone. Risking not having the Holy Power for those hits is risking a wipe.

The link is a few months old but covers our current tank model minus the Haste adjustments(I shy away from calling it a nerf since it only brought it more in line with Mastery).

His information is good, but the bit about Expertise capping isn't true. It just isn't a good idea to be under it.