This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what keeps me from playing horde is not the races, it's the architecture.

#11BigBoss2021Posted 4/2/2013 1:20:00 PM
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
SW is literally the worst city in the game before you get a flying mount

Ironforge is at least easy to navigate

The only thing I can really point out as being awful in Org is having the flight master on the top of the cliff(and requiring elevators to get there). The cleft of darkness isnt that bad(the only reason to go there now is if you're a mage/rogue/warlock, and the other districts have trainers as well), and you have four different auction houses to choose from and each one has an Inn right next to it.

I think you have SW mixed up for Org. Who's idea was it to HAVE to use an elevator to get to the zeps AND the FP? Pretty stupid if you ask me.
---
It's my money and I NEED IT NOW!!
Steam ID = Automatomatic
#12EDarienPosted 4/2/2013 1:58:45 PM
blarghberries posted...
Undercity has the best layout of anywhere ever.

True story. UC was my favorite capital pre-Cata where you didn't HAVE to use Org/SW. Also, in Cata I went Alliance. Still, UC is the best designed, easiest to navigate and has character with its NPCs wandering about. Their Mage quarter is fun, too, with the flavor of Warlocks casting, etc. Actually, I think I remember Warriors training and Mages having a neat portal trainer area, too. It's actually above the Warlocks. Plus the long, winding hallway to Sylvanas's chamber. The Apothecary area is out of the way, but it's neat for a once through.

I like Silvermoon, though I have to admit that my first character was a Blood Elf back in BC, so there might be some bias there. I still preferred UC, but Silvermoon was nice.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#13halomonkey1_3_5Posted 4/2/2013 2:06:58 PM
BigBoss2021 posted...
I think you have SW mixed up for Org. Who's idea was it to HAVE to use an elevator to get to the zeps AND the FP? Pretty stupid if you ask me.

SW is much worse. Takes forever to get anywhere and everything is spread all over the place. The bridges in SW are what make it awful, IMO. If it was just a city without the canals, I would agree that SW>Org. But its not. Those damn bridges are insanely annoying before you get a mount and still a pain until you get flying. At least with Org if you're at the flight master you're right in the middle and nothing is too far away. When you fly into SW you're as far away from most of the city as you can get without actually leaving the city.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#14BigBoss2021Posted 4/2/2013 2:17:51 PM
You're close to the important things when you fly in. There's an inn, an AH, a bank, and plenty of mailboxes right there. The only reason you'd have to go anywhere pre-mount are the profession trainers, and Org has those spread out just as much as SW.
---
It's my money and I NEED IT NOW!!
Steam ID = Automatomatic
#15thinkingofwarPosted 4/2/2013 2:20:23 PM
ITT: Orgrimmar is ******* awesome, and people are a day late to April Fool's topics.
---
If you enjoy RPGs, please consider purchasing Trails in the Sky for your PSP/Vita on PSN and supporting XSeed's translation efforts on this massive undertaking.
#16halomonkey1_3_5Posted 4/2/2013 2:53:48 PM
BigBoss2021 posted...
You're close to the important things when you fly in. There's an inn, an AH, a bank, and plenty of mailboxes right there. The only reason you'd have to go anywhere pre-mount are the profession trainers, and Org has those spread out just as much as SW.

Not really. All the crafting ones(except mining/JC/BS) are in the drag, SW has them spread out in entirely different districts(such as enchanting being on the far left and LW/Skinning being on the far right). also Class Trainers are still needed to respec, although thats a minor issue.

Basically the only issue with Org is that the Flight Master and zeps are only accessible by elevator. Everything else in Org is better/easier to get to than SW, especially if you fly into on a FP.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#17Egxamer1Posted 4/2/2013 3:23:54 PM
Hotnavyguy <--- seeks a Hotasianchick :D

On topic! Anyone not agree that Dalaran was the pinnacle of impressive, well designed hubs? Lag due to your crappy computers and/or struggling servers aside its still number one to me. Stormwind is just massive, but would still rather have its size, beauty and architecture than any other faction based hub so far. I do not pity the horde cities, they are dirty, tribal and savage looking in nature for a reason. The undead live in a gigantic ruin of a former alliance city which fits their profile just as much as Silvermoon fits the blood elves.i wish some updating would occur with Darnassus. Its my favorite ally city and unfortunately without a portal hub or updated facilities its completely deserted :(
---
I am slaying all the bosses, I am winning all the dailies, I am doing all the dps, I am dating Mila Kunis, I am killing all the arenas, I belief in my Smelf.
#18TatooineOutcastPosted 4/2/2013 5:31:56 PM
I feel the same way. I feel Alliance is more fantasy like. Their towns feel like they were pulled out of a fantasy book. Where as horde has some cool ideas, like Thunder Bluff, but ultimately they are annoying to move around and not that cool.
---
Xbox Live: TatooineOutcast
www.tatooineoutcast.com - Become an Outcast
#19Right_Chus_1Posted 4/2/2013 5:39:27 PM
I'd live in undercity if it had portals, and i mainly play alliance.

I still dont get the portal thing..Why doesnt every major city have portals to every major city again?

I know i know, they want you to spend time moving around..Meh, i thought we were past that.
#20FinalCountDownnPosted 4/2/2013 5:41:22 PM
Dalaran.
Iron Forge.
Thunderbluff.

Are the best cities In that order.
---
The Only Foolish Thing Here Is Your Reckless Heart Which Dares To Challenge The Great Spammer Of The Masked Man....