This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Holy Priest Stat Priorities

#1PhrenzZephyrPosted 4/2/2013 1:50:08 PM
Alright, I've been looking around and have had some issues figuring out what to do statwise in 5.2 as Holy. Typically I play Disc, but I'm swapping tonight because the RL wants Divine Hymn and Guardian Spirit.

Do I want to do Haste > Crit > Mastery? Mastery > Haste > Crit? A lot of sources seem to disagree on how strong Holy's mastery is.
#2AnaTheCatPosted 4/2/2013 2:11:29 PM
There is a haste point you want to reach. After that you can do whatever the fudge you want.
#3CacofiendPosted 4/2/2013 3:35:58 PM
You will need more spirit as holy than disc so if necessary be prepared to reforge.

Otherwise it goes Spirit > Intellect > Haste > Mastery > Crit . I'm not too sure of the haste breakpoints as i'm currently playing disc so you may need to check it to see what values you need to get an extra renew.
#4AceronPosted 4/2/2013 3:41:32 PM
Holy doesn't care about haste breakpoints, just get more.
---
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL
#5ObsceneAnarchyPosted 4/2/2013 4:19:57 PM
Whats the appeal of Holy priests? A disc priest outdoes everything holy can and has tons more survivabilty. Do people go with this spec simply because they dont know how awesome and easy disc is?
---
Brawl #: 2019-9336-9320
#6PhrenzZephyr(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 6:22:50 PM
Whats the appeal of Holy priests? A disc priest outdoes everything holy can and has tons more survivabilty. Do people go with this spec simply because they dont know how awesome and easy disc is?

Disc lacks Guardian Spirit and Divine Hymn. We have another Disc priest and want those two raid CDs. Holy's throughput is easily comparable to Disc's if done right, so there should be no issue there.
#7KokeiiPosted 4/2/2013 8:05:40 PM
ObsceneAnarchy posted...

Maybe some people just find disc boring.
#8Mark BellhornPosted 4/2/2013 8:36:51 PM
can a disc priest really outdo a holy priest at raid healing, too?
#9BonzoForLyfePosted 4/2/2013 10:07:09 PM
I would go spirit as much as possible then mastery.. holy already has some mana restrictions and mastery a good HPM.. also depends on spell selection, if you use a ton of renews, haste a stronger stat due to it not being affected by mastery, however if you're focusing more as a raid stabilizer with PoH / CoH than mastery will allow more flexibility
---
Dispatch, Steve Nash, Fight Club.....'Nuff said
#10AdelbertSteinerPosted 4/2/2013 10:30:47 PM
I main a Holy Priest, and I just don't like healing as disc. Absorbs aren't really my thing, neither is Atonement healing.

My stat priority is Haste (to 3039) > Mastery > Crit.
---
Your home wrecking skills are remarkable! - josay25936
3DS FC - 0989-2192-0709