This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pandaren Enhancement Shaman or Worgen Marksmanship Hunter?

#1JohnnyShred612Posted 4/2/2013 8:11:10 PM
Leveling one of these two to probably serve as a new main. I'm getting tired of my ret paladin. Very tired.

I figure a ranged class or a fast-paced dual wielder will fit the bill. I've tanked and healed before on the paladin too, and I'm not feeling like going that route at the moment.
---
Bear Down
http://i.imgur.com/foXAiYP.png
#2Emerald_WyvernPosted 4/2/2013 8:16:40 PM
Pandaren Elemental Shaman
---
"Hey I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan.. as a drying pan!" - Brock
#3WesternWizardPosted 4/2/2013 8:30:05 PM
Do the hunter. Melee combat in this game is very similar. I'd even recommend as the above poster said, and take a caster class instead.

Casters and melee are VERY different. As all melee classes, you hit buttons as they glow, as a caster, you are constantly spamming spells, mostly with casting times. This is a very different change.

An enhancement shaman, even a hunter will feel a lot alike, although the hunter has a few more casting abilities than the enhance shaman.

Trust me, take an offensive DPS caster or even healer, otherwise it will be almost the same.
#4JohnnyShred612(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 8:41:41 PM
If I really wanted to do a caster class, I'd probably do something else entirely. I like the animations for DW Pandaren.

Maybe I'll do something crazy like a dwarf mage to mix it up.
---
Bear Down
http://i.imgur.com/foXAiYP.png
#5RetributionV2Posted 4/2/2013 9:01:24 PM
Pandaren Enhancement Shaman.

If not Pandaren, then Orc or Male Draenei.
---
>2012
>Not using meme arrows
#6Super_ArcherPosted 4/2/2013 9:09:12 PM
Emerald_Wyvern posted...

---
http://i.imgur.com/CQXAfNX.gif
#7EDarienPosted 4/2/2013 9:50:05 PM
Panda Enhance Shaman per your original choices.

I myself have a Worgen Hunter. I've gone back and forth from BM and MM. That said, I've only gotten him to about 40.

Enhance is just more fun, to me. It's more engaging. Hunter seems to be all Arcane Shot > Steady Shot > Focused Shot. All you're doing is whatever you have Focus to do. That's how it feels to me. Other say Enhance feels "clunky", whereas I love it. After I get my Warlock up and running (just started MoP myself) my Shaman is next. I've already mailed and equipped him in MoP greens so I can queue up right away while questing.

That said, I also recommend Shaman for another reason. You have the ability to switch. Now, I hear Survival is fun and I know BM can be ok from past Hunters ... but it's all the same, to me. Ranged DPS. No changes. Nothing to even remotely break the monotony, I feel. More of the same with just different skins/aesthetics on the damage you do. You say you don't want to go heals or tanking, and I get that. But what's nice about the Shaman is that you can change your mind and go heals pretty easily. Grab some rando greens and non-needed int/spirit in the dungeons you run and you'll slowly build up a healing set. It's a nice change of pace when you don't want to bash faces with your hammers, axes or fists.

OH! Before I forget. I prefer female Panda animations, myself. For the DWing. On the other hand, since you mention Worgen, I'm assuming you're Alliance, so ... Dwarf Shaman rock. If you haven't checked out the animations, do so before making yours. If you still go Panda, more power to you. But I really like Dwarves, so I'm biased from the beginning haha.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#8dj4242Posted 4/2/2013 10:41:34 PM
Super_Archer posted...
Emerald_Wyvern posted...

---
Vikings and Pacers fan