This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I got a super rare drop. How much should I sell it for?

#11dj4242Posted 4/3/2013 1:29:17 PM
Anywhere from 15-20k seems like a reasonable price imo.
---
Vikings and Pacers fan
#12Louisville15(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 6:52:15 AM
Marikhen posted...
holy crap is that really worth that much? i paid 500g for that pattern in wotlk and instantly regretted it. i tried to sell it for a profit but i couldn't so i just learned it

No, it isn't worth that much, but thanks to Blizzard constantly and continuously inflating every number at a nearly if not actually exponential rate, including both item values and hard cash drops, while subsequently refusing to put any sort of meaningful cash sinks into the game rampant inflation has caused the item in question to cost that much.

Honestly, I wish they'd do what FFXIV did (one of the only things they did right in that game): divide the gold by some factor of 10. That way, if you have 100,000 gold, you could instead have 10,000, but the prices of items would decrease by the same, so you'd have the same relative wealth, just dealing with smaller numbers.
---
i7 930 @ 3.6 | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature 2 | EVGA E758 | 6GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Windows 8 | OCZ ZX1250 | 1TB WD Caviar Black | 240GB Mushkin Chronos | AW2310
#13MarikhenPosted 4/4/2013 8:33:01 AM
That really wouldn't help the issue, honestly. Scaling up repair prices exponentially, implementing death penalty healers, letting NPC vendors sell weapons/armor that are better than white quality (never understood me why all these monsters have green/blue/purple gear, but none of the vendors do) at prices more than 4-5x the sell price, and a few other similar changes would help to bleed gold out of the economy, but the only real way to limit inflation in an MMO is to limit the influx of items and money, a rather less than popular choice for MMOs.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#14Leo0820Posted 4/4/2013 8:46:46 AM
Louisville15 posted...

Honestly, I wish they'd do what FFXIV did (one of the only things they did right in that game): divide the gold by some factor of 10. That way, if you have 100,000 gold, you could instead have 10,000, but the prices of items would decrease by the same, so you'd have the same relative wealth, just dealing with smaller numbers.

Blizzard should only do this once we figure out a way to harness anger as a power source. Oh, God, can you imagine what the forums would look like?
---
Leo's AMP has increased by 1.
#15vahndragonwingPosted 4/4/2013 8:51:48 AM
Louisville15 posted...

Yeah, they could make it so when you get 100 of one type of currency it becomes 1 of a higher tier

They could p.easily implement a copper/silver/gold system

(oh)
---
IMO
#16Louisville15(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 10:20:15 AM
vahndragonwing posted...
Louisville15 posted...

Yeah, they could make it so when you get 100 of one type of currency it becomes 1 of a higher tier

(oh)

You have it backwards.

Reading comprehension FTL.
---
i7 930 @ 3.6 | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature 2 | EVGA E758 | 6GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Windows 8 | OCZ ZX1250 | 1TB WD Caviar Black | 240GB Mushkin Chronos | AW2310
#17vahndragonwingPosted 4/4/2013 10:27:19 AM
Louisville15 posted...
vahndragonwing posted...
Louisville15 posted...

(oh)

You have it backwards.

Reading comprehension FTL.

That way, if you have 100,000 copper, you would instead have 100 gold, and stuff could be sold by gold amounts instead of over-inflated copper amounts, so you'd have the same relative wealth, just dealing with smaller numbers.

Also, btw, the person you were replying to was, unless I'm mistaken, referring to the deprecation of gold due to the ease of obtaining it and nothing mid-range to dump it into that takes it out of circulation completely. So uh.. Reading comprehension.
---
IMO
#18Toi1etDuckPosted 4/5/2013 12:30:32 AM
FYI 15-20K seem's to be the going price on my own AH.

There's about 4 of them on there at similar prices. Should of taken that 15K straight up!
---
WoW: 90 Druid | 90 Monk | 85 Priest | 85 Warlock | 85 Deathknight | 85 Warrior | 85 Paladin | 85 Shaman | 85 Hunter | 87 Mage | 85 Rogue