This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone give me a quick rundown of the amber shaper fight on LFR?

#1Melted_ButterPosted 4/3/2013 7:17:55 PM
Last week i made a mistake...I didn't know what to do during reshape life (I think that's what it called). I turned into something else.

But some hunter called me out (stuff like "lol" "hey look" "LMAO EVERYONE LOOK" "THIS NOOB DOESNT KNOW WHAT TO DO LOL "lol look" "lol he doesn't know" "lol kick him please lol" "seriously everyone, look lol this guy is a noob lol")

(seriously, having 'lol' in every sentence was pretty irritating)

Up until that boss I had just winged it, been able to figure out strats on the fly, and generally not die.

That boss though...after I did bad on, I just left, didn't want them to have the chance to kick me.

So in LFR, how does that fight work?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#2toolittletimePosted 4/3/2013 7:20:54 PM
No one gets kicked in lfr for not knowing that fight, should have just kept going.
---
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
Mark Twain
#3angrywalrus13Posted 4/3/2013 7:22:13 PM
Mash 1 on the boss/the Amber Monstrosity.

Use 2 (I think) to interrupt yourself when you start casting Amber Explosion.

Use 4 to break the MC when people get you under 20% health.

Use 3 to drink some pools to build Willpower if need be (you generally don't need to in LFR much, at least not from what I've seen, but I haven't done HoF in forever).
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#4ChocoboMog123Posted 4/3/2013 7:26:15 PM
1) Read your buttons.
2) Look at the dungeon journal.
3) Watch a video.

A lot of people fail at Amber Shaper, even outside LFR, but there's some pretty basic ways to familiarize yourself with any new encounter.
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif
#5ryanell666Posted 4/3/2013 8:51:32 PM
Again, LFR = Looking for Free Ride

even if your intentions are true, LFR will always have a bad rep for being a baddie's loot pinata. And if you are clueless to the mechanics, then you'll get lumped in with the baddies without trial.....welcome to online gaming.

best to just look up WoWhead, MMOchamps,....etc. and be prepared that way.
#6Melted_Butter(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 9:05:18 PM
ChocoboMog123 posted...
1) Read your buttons.
3) Watch a video.

A lot of people fail at Amber Shaper, even outside LFR, but there's some pretty basic ways to familiarize yourself with any new encounter.

That's the thing though...my buttons didn't change, but I did. Then I died.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#7game freakozoidPosted 4/3/2013 9:44:54 PM
Melted_Butter posted...
ChocoboMog123 posted...
1) Read your buttons.
3) Watch a video.

What UI are you using?
#8angrywalrus13Posted 4/3/2013 10:04:24 PM
Melted_Butter posted...
ChocoboMog123 posted...
1) Read your buttons.
3) Watch a video.

You probably have a bar UI that's preventing the vehicle bar from being visible. Crazy important to make sure that stuff works in the future!
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#9DivineWraithPosted 4/3/2013 10:19:23 PM
You hit stuff and then read and press buttons when they become available. There's one to consume some pool and the rest to do some other crap. You don't even really need to read what they do beyond "consume"..

You're way too sensitive if you left after one person criticizing you.
#10Melted_Butter(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 10:26:28 PM
For action bars I'm using Dominos. I get my vehicle bar on every other vesicle, I'll try again tonight/tomorrow night and see if it works right this time.
---