This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there such a thing as an ideal server anymore?

#1XSerenadEXPosted 4/3/2013 7:20:32 PM
I'm saying almost 50/50 horde alliance with good raiding on both sides, high population, pvp preferred?

I just came back to the game and it feels like I'm playing by myself. I rarely see other players anymore, I guess my server (durotan) just became desolate, and I may be looking to transfer.

I just want a good balance of players with good economies and raiding and pvp. I'm asking here because I don't know where to go anymore to get server news.
---
American Football <3
#2jul10Posted 4/3/2013 7:30:19 PM
my server is good on both sides, but then again, i play on Ragnaros (US)

yay for being a spanish speaker
---
Click HERE to take the stupidity test.
#3DawnshadowPosted 4/3/2013 7:45:04 PM
Ideal is in the eye of the beholder, but it seems to me that most PvP servers are biased toward one faction.

You see, PvPers claim to want fair PvP, but most of them really just want to gank and camp the other faction based on my observations. So, once server transfers became possible, the outnumbered faction's members would start to transfer to a server where they were more dominant, until....
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#4CapnCrunch1Posted 4/3/2013 8:06:46 PM
Bleeding Hollow just needs a few more Alliance then we're set.
#5ryanell666Posted 4/3/2013 8:47:45 PM
Dawnshadow posted...
Ideal is in the eye of the beholder, but it seems to me that most PvP servers are biased toward one faction.

You see, PvPers claim to want fair PvP, but most of them really just want to gank and camp the other faction based on my observations. So, once server transfers became possible, the outnumbered faction's members would start to transfer to a server where they were more dominant, until....

Yeah, I too blame the introduction of server transfers, and faction and race changes...

Believe it or not there was a time (in vanilla/BC era) that all you had to do was get ganked once (or gank yourself) make a little whimper in /general, and then you'd have a little rumble between the factions...

nowadays, it's like "wah wah wah, I got ganked on a PvP server! You're all sadistic! How can Blizzard allow this? I pay a sub! Stop it!...a screw it, I'm going horde so I can win!"

Back in the day (again, vanilla), Horde did have better racial abilites making them better PvP characters overall; especially since Allies' abilities were very lame (remember Star Shards). It doesn't matter now, but the whole Horde is better at PvP still stuck in the culture; not because of any race's abilities, because there are too many of them riding each other coat-tails, sponging off each other's success.
#6EllyPosted 4/3/2013 9:10:09 PM
http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

tich and bleeding hollow are prolly your best bets for balanced servers.
---
Elhaym van Houten