This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I never understood extreme undercutting...

#31scarecrowsPosted 4/4/2013 3:28:13 PM
MajinUltima posted...
Edit: And no, your item won't sell. I use the time not shaving my neck to babysit my auctions and will undercut your 30% by 1c. So jokes on you ;)

--Actually, joke's on you. I see 2 pages of crap listed a few copper apart, I know they aren't selling quickly, and I have every reason to believe someone else is going to undercut me by some other irrelevant amount before my item sells.

Since I don't feel like waiting 48 hours and relisting because I undercut by nothing and 5 other random people listed the same item undercutting me by nothing, etc... I'd rather just drop said item to say 45g or 40g, and guarantee my quick sell. You can wait around and relist your expiring items, I got my gold and am done.

What part of me coming back two minutes after you list and undercutting you by 1c do you not understand? What part of the amount you undercut by doesn't increase demand do you not understand? Should I type slower for you?
---
"Your an imbecile" - Gallusz
#32Commander-GreePosted 4/5/2013 4:01:21 AM
I've noticed this with the swift springstrider as well. There is no way I'm selling it for 2000g after opening 500 eggs.

I think the tome might go up in value once 5.3 comes out and there aren't enough people on the Isle of Thunder to kill rares. I'm not letting mine go too low.
#33ElvordasPosted 4/5/2013 4:41:20 AM
Yeah. I read this and WesternWizard's post was basically [/thread].

Obviously doesn't mean that you always undercut like that, but it's a great way to make money from items that are overpriced it on the AH.
#34Dinodude007Posted 4/5/2013 7:37:21 AM
Only need to undercut by one copper lol
---
Pokemon White FC: Chris -- 2623 2820 3100
#35AmakusaPosted 4/5/2013 11:59:28 AM(edited)
Chrazid posted...
I looted a second Tome of the Lost Legion that I'm trying to sell...the going rate seems to be 15k on my realm at the moment so that's what I put mine for. I checked the AH just now and see:

What's the purpose of such massive undercutting?

It means the Tome is overvalued on the AH. On my realm they're all in the single digit thousands.

Driving the prices up only works if people actually want the item in question. I see people try to pull this with Battle pets all the time and they're never moving (Battle Pet demand is extremely low on my realm).
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#36ChocoboMog123Posted 4/5/2013 12:20:31 PM
Amakusa posted...
Chrazid posted...
I looted a second Tome of the Lost Legion that I'm trying to sell...the going rate seems to be 15k on my realm at the moment so that's what I put mine for. I checked the AH just now and see:

What's the purpose of such massive undercutting?

It means the Tome is overvalued on the AH. On my realm they're all in the single digit thousands.

Driving the prices up only works if people actually want the item in question. I see people try to pull this with Battle pets all the time and they're never moving (Battle Pet demand is extremely low on my realm).

https://theunderminejournal.com/item.php?realm=H-Turalyon&item=92426

Nope, yours are just seriously underpriced. I bought (and used) one for 12.5k and was happy for it.
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif