This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Blizzard's bad for taking resources and time to come up with April Fool jokes"

#11TheGreatCheezePosted 4/4/2013 2:00:41 PM
I thought this was their joke this year: http://i.imgur.com/E771Urp.jpg
---
Like I've said before, Allies are like sand people; they scare easily but they will be back in greater numbers.
-Reddit
#12angrywalrus13Posted 4/4/2013 2:19:12 PM
TheGreatCheeze posted...

No, it wasn't. A random person made a mockup. Gotta read the comments, dude.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#13scarecrowsPosted 4/4/2013 2:40:41 PM
You do realize we're not a hivemind right? We're not the borg. Each person that plays this game has different opinions, likes and dislikes. Those quotes are not from the same person. Hard to understand for you I know.
---
"Your an imbecile" - Gallusz
#14Lucius43Posted 4/4/2013 3:04:59 PM
I love when people expect there not to be a spectrum of human behavior when there is a 12+ million population size. i disappoint elly
#15TheGreatCheezePosted 4/4/2013 3:09:16 PM
angrywalrus13 posted...
TheGreatCheeze posted...

No, it wasn't. A random person made a mockup. Gotta read the comments, dude.

That's my downfall, reading.
---
Like I've said before, Allies are like sand people; they scare easily but they will be back in greater numbers.
-Reddit
#16embrandedonePosted 4/4/2013 11:40:36 PM
Lightning Bolt posted...
And the exact same person said both of these things, you claim?
Interesting.

You got schooled, TC.
---
Attacking someone's user level is a last defense for the weak and impotent
#17Toi1etDuckPosted 4/5/2013 12:14:55 AM
SA_X_Mk_II posted...
But... they did do April Fool's.

They copy+pasted a previous one for WoW, spent a minimal amount of effort for SC2 and had to work so hard one their "We're improving D3" joke that they released it days late.

I mean, that's dedication, right?

I just want to mention that Zarhym said on his twitter that it was not intentional to have Crabby back this year, it was on an Annual Timer and no one realised until the day.

That's why it wasn't on long :P
---
WoW: 90 Druid | 90 Monk | 85 Priest | 85 Warlock | 85 Deathknight | 85 Warrior | 85 Paladin | 85 Shaman | 85 Hunter | 87 Mage | 85 Rogue
#18SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 4/5/2013 5:03:34 AM
SA_X_Mk_II posted...
But... they did do April Fool's.

They copy+pasted a previous one for WoW, spent a minimal amount of effort for SC2 and had to work so hard one their "We're improving D3" joke that they released it days late.

I mean, that's dedication, right?

I just want to mention that Zarhym said on his twitter that it was not intentional to have Crabby back this year, it was on an Annual Timer and no one realised until the day.

That's why it wasn't on long :P

So basically, they only had something for SC2 and nothing else? And SC2 was using a Beta unit they already had everything made for and just Copy+Pasted over the worker units...

Well, if their excuse is "spending the time doing better things", I hope we actually get to see those better things...
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#19c0sa n0straPosted 4/5/2013 5:07:03 AM
ryanell666 posted...
I said on another thread.....

ryanell666 posted...
Umm....most people don't get it!

YOU ARE PLAYING WITH PANDAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pandas were introduced as an April Fools joke back in WC3 in 2002!

http://www.wowwiki.com/Pandaren_(April_Fools)

My guess is there is no point in making anymore April Fools jokes because it would pressure the dev to actually go through with them.

People still want a Bard class.
I wouldn't mind an Atari 2600-style Molten Core game on my iphone.
the two-head ogre and Wisps would be interesting races to add.

Oh, and I forgot the TIN-FOIL HAT!

Obivously whatever joke they make turns into a plausable idea that appeals to the players

I would make an April Fools joke that said the Blizzard is getting rid of LFR/LFD, and getting rid of BGs and Arenas and intergrating them in the open world to enhance world PvP.

But chances are the casuals would pitch a fit, and the baddies would cancel their subs.....but the overall sub numbers would jump 300% because it's the appeal to bringing back the MMORPG to grass-roots would be too appealing to ignore.

....but it would bottom out again when Blizzard doesn't deliver, quotes it being an April Fool's joke, and then has to deal with the pressure of actually following through.

And I'm still waiting for my goddamn wings, that's the only one where I was genuinely dissapointed it never actually made it into the game.
#20SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 4/5/2013 5:27:21 AM
My Warlock and Druid have wings, and I've seen Priests and Paladins with wings...

So I don't know what your problem is...

=P
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.