This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Finally got around to leveling my pally alt. Should I go ret, holy, or prot?

#1Mike XtremePosted 4/4/2013 6:07:25 AM
My main is a prot warrior so I'm more leaning toward ret or holy as my MS. I tried healing in Cata and idk if it was my gear or what but I felt like I sucked at healing pretty bad. How's pally healing in MoP, what about ret dps?
#2LatiasSAPosted 4/4/2013 6:22:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3Mike Xtreme(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 6:28:10 AM
I should have specified, I just finished leveling my pally alt. Hit 90 last night
#4Glockass1Posted 4/4/2013 6:44:00 AM
Mike Xtreme posted...
I should have specified, I just finished leveling my pally alt. Hit 90 last night

Healing is the most fun for me now. If you plan to PvP, I heard that Holy is not that good.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#5Mike Xtreme(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 6:47:10 AM
Not a big fan of pvp so no worries there.

I would like to heal but I don't like healing classes that require a lot of mods. How are pallys in that regard?
#6Glockass1Posted 4/4/2013 6:55:39 AM
Mike Xtreme posted...

I would like to heal but I don't like healing classes that require a lot of mods. How are pallys in that regard?

Dunno really. I use no mods(except for ExtraCD to track my ICD and mods like Auctionator, inventory mods etc) and I do fine.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#7Mike Xtreme(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 6:57:04 AM
Ok, good info. Thanks

Guess I'll try my hand at healing again
#8Egxamer1Posted 4/4/2013 7:07:38 AM
After last night my ilvl just got jacked to 517 and i am having blast as ret. Pve and questing is pretty fast and enjoyable. Raiding whether lfr/norm/heroic im doing pretty good competitive top5-10 dps in ky 25man group. Juat gotta know the fights and which skills and talents you wanna use to do the most burst and when cause that is your real skill. Focused burst dps. Rare farming, pvp, with time and skill it comes easy. Best part, with the latest stigma and NOT being Fotm this xpac there are alot less of us around and i like it.
---
I am slaying all the bosses, I am winning all the dailies, I am doing all the dps, I am dating Mila Kunis, I am killing all the arenas, I belief in my Smelf.
#9ElaeusPosted 4/4/2013 7:21:42 AM
Mike Xtreme posted...

It doesn't specifically require more mods than any other healers. I don't use anything myself aside from Healbot for that purpose. If you use Blizzard UI, download MovableHolyPower just so that you can move your HP bar to the middle of the screen or wherever it is easier for you to track (I myself use Healbot and ElvUI costumized settings to fit them together so that addon is not necessary for me).

To answer the original question Holy and Prot are in high demands. Ret is not that bad to be honest but most melee classes make better choices in term of easiness and effectivness in comparison and the utility provided by Ret can be provided by Prot and Holy anyway.

So yeah in my opinion either Prot or Holy.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#10tiger002Posted 4/4/2013 7:42:18 AM
I don't use any healing mods with my paly and do fine.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.