This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any tips on begging for gold in trade?

#11LanceFlugermanPosted 4/5/2013 4:33:06 AM
I held a beg-a-thon last expac and managed to go from 400g to vendor mammoth in 1.5 hours. I used mild wit for the "do UR dailies 4 g" folks and even used that aloe blacc song - I need a dolla.

You know it takes more skill to get your beg on than to spam a boring rotation to do dailies with. After saying that the 3 and 4 digit trades started. Even one of those one copper folks came back with 200g later on.

I have a plan to do a whole telethon with 3 other friends this year but servers are looking pretty dead.

Best of luck to you, but hey you already have a couple g so you're already on your way.

- haha maybe use Dire Straits - Money for Nothing.
---
Damn, GameFAQs is dying.
#12SxmfctPosted 4/5/2013 5:33:11 AM
Make female character
Walk around city saying "hi my names candi and im broke"
??????
Profit
#13King21Posted 4/5/2013 12:56:48 PM
I've just posted jokingly in trade asking for gold for flight and people offered me gold to buy it. When you still had to train your spells and all, you could make a decent amount like that at times. On busier servers you can probably make a few hundred signing guild charters.
---
The poster above me smells funny.....
#14thebladeofwoePosted 4/5/2013 1:11:31 PM
While i never begged.

When i was new, (level 20 ish)

i asked in trade, where is the best place to make some gold, for stuff off AH and my racial mount.

Got given 600G lol. Nice person really.
---
If the original KotOR and World of Warcraft had an abortion it would look something like this. mikejolik on SWTOR
black 2FC 4685 8625 3119
#15Egxamer1Posted 4/5/2013 2:23:00 PM
If i did it i would use comedy.

*Taking donations for_____ *
"So there I was facing off against the dreaded black wyrm Oxynia! Terrified she was going to crush my back in two, so when she arched back to breath on me i whipped out my pimp hand and smack that huge b**** with my Thunderfury Blessed Wang of the Poonseeker. She rolled over afterwards, dropped her purples and here we are now 9 months later with 400 whelps... I need the money for all the alimony and child support! Help a player out?! /beg

Yep.. comedy... making nerd bank
---
I am slaying all the bosses, I am winning all the dailies, I am doing all the dps, I am dating Mila Kunis, I am killing all the arenas, I belief in my Smelf.
#16silentzedPosted 4/5/2013 2:52:38 PM
This seems like the kind of thing that would be fun to counter troll if I happened to be on and bored.

Log onto alts after sending them money, continually find beggar and open trade window with them and use various excuses before AFKing with the gold in the trade window. ("Just a second, pizza is here.", "Now before I give this to you, can you tell me what you think of the new gun legislation in Connecticut?" "I am willing to give you this gold, but I need to know who you voted for.")
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#17Lady_TygryPosted 4/5/2013 3:06:32 PM
This seems like the kind of thing that would be fun to counter troll if I happened to be on and bored.

/t I was going to give you gold but I don't want to enable drug addicts so instead, here's a stack of ham sandwiches to get you through the week. /trade
---
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow, we would probably all have to resort to common sense.