This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a way to view my characters with a different race model?

#1MarndosPosted 4/5/2013 5:37:37 AM
I'm thinking of transferring one of my characters to play with a friend but I'd like to see how his gear looks on different races so I can pick the one I like best. Is there a way to do this? I heard Wowhead's profiler can do it but for the life of me I can't get it to work (apparently I'm not the only one ><).
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.
#2SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 4/5/2013 5:47:28 AM
There's an easy and painless way to do this, but it's a little long:

-Make a level 1 character of the Race/Gender you are looking at first and log in
-On WoWhead, find your current gear
-Click on the "Link" button in WoWhead, copy the script and paste it in the chat
-Preview the gear in game

If you have 2 or 3 races you are looking at, this can be good enough, but if you are looking at all of them and of different genders, this won't really work out that well.

I'm guessing you aren't using an established set of gear like PVP/Raid gear, so would you mind posting a screenshot of your current set?
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#3c0sa n0straPosted 4/5/2013 5:50:24 AM
Can't you just find your own char and then change the race?
#4HakPosted 4/5/2013 7:59:44 AM
c0sa n0stra posted...
Can't you just find your own char and then change the race?

Yes - in Wowhead, import the character into the profiler. Then click Edit and change race. Simple as that.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#5Marndos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 8:54:43 AM
Profiler sucks. Even when I can get it to function at least somewhat, it's never fully functional. I'll be able to search for gear for some slots but not others. It seems to have trouble loading the Pandaren race for the 3D model. I try to import my character but when I select my server I just get "page not found." I could go on but, meh.

The main Profiles page (www.wowhead.com/profiles) doesn't even seem to be working right now so maybe they're just fixing stuff.
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.
#6Glockass1Posted 4/5/2013 9:06:04 AM
tmorph
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#7Marndos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 10:06:51 AM
Glockass1 posted...
tmorph

Can't you get banned for using that?
---
#8IcelordZakalPosted 4/5/2013 10:59:14 AM
Marndos posted...
Glockass1 posted...
tmorph

Yes, you can.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7414952688?page=2#23
http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=210435/tmorph-ban-wave#p3368975

Anyway, as for your question, I'd recommend maybe using the WoW Model Viewer, importing your character from the armory, exporting your character's equipment set, opening another race, then importing said equipment set.
---
Why did the Felguard cross the road?
IT WAS A POULTRY TASK.
- IceMage20
#9Marndos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 11:45:55 AM
IcelordZakal posted...
Marndos posted...
Glockass1 posted...
tmorph

Yes, you can.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7414952688?page=2#23
http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=210435/tmorph-ban-wave#p3368975

Anyway, as for your question, I'd recommend maybe using the WoW Model Viewer, importing your character from the armory, exporting your character's equipment set, opening another race, then importing said equipment set.

Have they updated the Model Viewer for MoP? The version I have only supports up to Cataclysm.
---
#10AshrahnPosted 4/5/2013 12:18:19 PM
You could get Mogit and just view your gear on a different race/gender. I've done that in the past, when I was interested in seeing what my hunter's mog would look like on my shaman.