This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hunter Soloing Zandalari Warbringers

#1ChronoAcePosted 4/5/2013 6:16:23 AM
Right now i just turn on Aspect of the Cheetah and kite Warbringers to death. I tried having my pet tank and even using cower/shell shield/mend pet it gets destroyed. Is there any alternate way to solo these other than Cheetah kiting? Not that its hard, it just takes a really long time since you give up the 15% AP from Hawk and your pet gets in almost 0 DPS due to the mob constantly moving.
#2shawn10000000Posted 4/5/2013 6:18:20 AM
roll a blood dk and beat them in greens easily because blizzard thinks it is fair for tanks to solo these but not ranged dps. :/
#3ExtremeLuchadorPosted 4/5/2013 6:22:35 AM(edited)
They want you to group for them but there's no incentive for a tank to do that. A tank solo them with ilvl 470+ and not have to share loot.
---
"It was horrible," guard Jeff McInnis said.
"I took 100 naps and we were still in the air."
#4ChronoAce(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 7:33:42 AM
I can already solo them with Hunter, and Warlocks can solo them with Voidlord pet. Was wondering if any other Hunters had tips to kill them any faster or if pet tanking can work out somehow.
#5ExtremeLuchadorPosted 4/5/2013 7:56:43 AM
Well they made them immune to all CC and Taunts. You're doing what your only option is. It's just like Brawler's Guild in a way.
---
"It was horrible," guard Jeff McInnis said.
"I took 100 naps and we were still in the air."
#6TloyaPosted 4/5/2013 9:24:55 AM
They made them immune to CC and all taunts in an effort to stop both players griefing by forcefully resetting and stealing the warbringers, and also to prevent players from soloing them (they were intended to be done in full parties, and making them un-soloable would encourage players to actually group up instead of fighting with one another for solo tags).

This didn't really help so Blizzard went on to make it so their AoE skills weren't reduced by pet avoidance to prevent pet classes from soloing them by using avoidance to trivialize mechanics.

Of course as has been mentioned, this doesn't stop tank classes from still being able to solo them without enormous trouble, and even ranged classes can still manage to do it through great effort.

imo Blizzard just needs to give them an enrage timer. If the warbringer doesn't die X minutes after being engaged he gains 100% move speed and 500% damage--problem solved.
---
Posts look awkward without a signature underneath
#7Wookie_Is_BackPosted 4/6/2013 7:46:53 AM
Tloya posted...
They made them immune to CC and all taunts in an effort to stop both players griefing by forcefully resetting and stealing the warbringers, and also to prevent players from soloing them (they were intended to be done in full parties, and making them un-soloable would encourage players to actually group up instead of fighting with one another for solo tags).

This didn't really help so Blizzard went on to make it so their AoE skills weren't reduced by pet avoidance to prevent pet classes from soloing them by using avoidance to trivialize mechanics.

Of course as has been mentioned, this doesn't stop tank classes from still being able to solo them without enormous trouble, and even ranged classes can still manage to do it through great effort.

imo Blizzard just needs to give them an enrage timer. If the warbringer doesn't die X minutes after being engaged he gains 100% move speed and 500% damage--problem solved.

It is NOT that serious of a mob.
#8TloyaPosted 4/6/2013 8:40:29 AM
I think the idea is Blizzard wanted some equity where players would take the Warbringers on in 3-5 person groups and if a mount dropped everyone would have a fair shot, whereas right now certain classes/specs can solo and get mounts all to themselves while others can't and have to compete for the drop in groups.
---
Posts look awkward without a signature underneath
#9Wookie_Is_BackPosted 4/6/2013 8:43:28 AM
Tloya posted...
I think the idea is Blizzard wanted some equity where players would take the Warbringers on in 3-5 person groups and if a mount dropped everyone would have a fair shot, whereas right now certain classes/specs can solo and get mounts all to themselves while others can't and have to compete for the drop in groups.

Sure wish there was a way to have more than one character.