This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which profession is cheaper to max Jewelcraft or Enchanting? 5.2

#1TangjiPosted 4/5/2013 12:11:46 PM
Just started playing again. Just wondering which is cheaper jewelcraft or enchanting to max from 525-600? I just need to max out one for now.
#2GhostfeetPosted 4/5/2013 12:14:43 PM
With enchant if you've got a 90 you can just solo a whack of dungeons to DE for mats, but if you're buying mats off the AH then it'd depend on your servers market.
---
"I drink and I smash because I love." ~ Rocko
XBL GT: DisposableDuck
#3Mike XtremePosted 4/5/2013 1:01:37 PM
That really depends if you're farming your own mats or buying the bulk of them
#4CacofiendPosted 4/5/2013 3:46:49 PM
Unless you already have a stash of greens in your bank enchanting will take a lot longer in my experience. Big hurdles will hit you around 250 to 300 (end vanilla), most of wotlk and most of cata due to lack of mats on AH. You'll likely end up farming dungeons for mats to disenchant as well as crafting tailoring/JC/BS/LW on an alt if you have one for extra mats to disenchant.

JC you may hit a barrier from around 250-300 but that can be avoided to large extent by farming blasted lands for Thorium. You may have a brief minor barrier during wotlk or cata but if you play it clever you will be able to buy mats from AH quite cheaply.

See below guide for mats needed to power level efficiently so you can check prices/quanity on your server AH.

http://www.wow-professions.com/wowguides/wow_jewelcrafting_leveling_guide.html

http://www.wow-professions.com/wowguides/wow-enchanting-guide.html
#5LostoutPosted 4/5/2013 5:26:22 PM
Most likely enchanting since the introduction of LFD there always seems to be a ready supply of cheap ench mats across all levels. Ore on the other hand always seems to be very expensive and has only gotten worse since CRZ.
---
I am as awesome as a bear high fiving a shark in space during an explosion.
#6JellyfloaterPosted 4/5/2013 6:44:31 PM
Reading is really hard. TC specified 525-600... For which I would say that JC is probably easier, assuming you have a miner. Ghost Iron is ridiculously plentiful.
#7lunchbox2042Posted 4/5/2013 11:47:49 PM
I wouldn't know because I've always used my jewelcrafting to feed my enchanting, although I do seem to always get a lot of mats at 600 enchanting without using jc now.
---
GT: Mr Fn Lunchbox
#8Wookie_Is_BackPosted 4/6/2013 12:05:48 AM
I found Ench to be a breeze in the MoP tier. So many things were worth 5 skill ups.