This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's say Blizzard is sending you and your best-geared level 90 back to vanilla.

#1ljgfPosted 4/5/2013 6:07:28 PM
If you acted as a player-controlled raid boss, could a full raid group of level 60s take you down or would they wipe? If 40 isn't enough, how many do you think it would take, and what would they need to do?

I think it probably depends on how prepared and organized they are. You could get a group of 40 rogues stun-locking you into oblivion, but if they let up at all or you do something to become immune to those effects, then you can AoE them all to death in seconds.
#2ElaeusPosted 4/5/2013 6:09:28 PM
You mean my paladin against 40 lv60 with the gear (even the best available) back then?

HAHAHAHAHAHA.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? haven't got one.
#3JiruruPosted 4/5/2013 6:16:29 PM
BLADESTORM

Eat it level 60 Rogues.
---
"It felt like the music was aimed right at me... like a missile!"
#4FalosPosted 4/5/2013 6:17:59 PM
Total raid DPS was what, 20-30k back then? Tops? A spell or two will instantly kill them, people had like 4,000 HP.

Stuns DR, even against NPCs. That said, you're thinking about it the wrong way, because even a CC with 0.0sec duration will lock up a player for as much as 0.5sec due to UI/lag/latency/server BS.

An army of rogues would be stupid. An army of ranged spread out will kite your 100% runspeed ass into oblivion. Real mobs have like 180%, and that's overworld trash, some bosses may run as high as 500-1000% base. If it's vanilla abilities, go with hunters, back then you had to sit ****ing still to cast, only hunters could dance around like a ballerina without gimping DPS.

Also they had mana.
---
These skills only produce pain and harm. You say Master, yet I play puppet to death and destruction. The skills of a master create, nourish, and protect. ~J9ma6
#5ljgf(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 6:22:39 PM
Yeah, having an army of ranged dps might work. Healers would be fairly useless because when they're being hit by a level 90 there's no middle ground between full health and dead.
#6UnrivaledKoopaPosted 4/5/2013 6:27:04 PM
You could act this out in-game if you like, but if you're level 90 the other team has literally no chance. If you reset your level to level 63 but kept your stats the same (with the rating stats retaining their level 90 percentages as their level 60-63 percentages) it would be closer, but you would still win because you'll kill their tank with one big ability and could probably still AOE them down pretty quickly. Of course, you say you're back to vanilla, so if we're playing by early vanilla stunlock rules, and you're being artificially leveled down to give them a prayer of hitting you with the stuns, they could theoretically keep you down long enough to do enough damage.

Ultimately, you'd have to go out of your way to give the 40 players a chance. If you're a level 90, there's absolutely nothing they can do. You could have your way with the entire server.
#7GForceDragonPosted 4/5/2013 6:27:06 PM
I'd just spam throw and it'd randomly proc touch of the grave and one-shot people.
---
"activision merger bobby kotick call of duty casual bad scrub hardcore activision greedy diablo glitchy buggy activision bobby kotick"-halomonkey1_3_5
#8BobTDonutPosted 4/5/2013 6:27:33 PM
I am a Mistweaver, so I would kill someone and then heal up at the same time.

It would take a LOT of players to kill me.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Arpandaday/advanced
http://i.imgur.com/lPu0J.gif https://i.minus.com/iOBJhbqPH5kt4.gif
#9FalosPosted 4/5/2013 6:41:01 PM
UnrivaledKoopa posted...
>You could act this out in-game

Actually during BC I remember an event where people gathered 40 lv1s and someone played a lv70 mage alongside prepared macros and AI, to imitate KZ's Shade of Aran encounter. Things like blink forward, yell, then hit arcane explosion a couple times.

Can't be assed to look up the video, it's probably out there.
---
These skills only produce pain and harm. You say Master, yet I play puppet to death and destruction. The skills of a master create, nourish, and protect. ~J9ma6
#10ElaeusPosted 4/5/2013 6:42:32 PM
Falos posted...
UnrivaledKoopa posted...
>You could act this out in-game

Actually during BC I remember an event where people gathered 40 lv1s and someone played a lv70 mage alongside prepared macros and AI, to imitate KZ's Shade of Aran encounter. Things like blink forward, yell, then hit arcane explosion a couple times.

Can't be assed to look up the video, it's probably out there.

Why would they imitate a 10m raid with 40 people??
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? haven't got one.