This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's assume that 5.3 comes out in May 1st.

#1Glockass1Posted 4/6/2013 8:45:12 AM
5.2 took like 3 months right? If 5.3 comes out on May 1st then 5.4 should come at the start of September no? What are we going to do after that? Wait 1 year for the next expansion?
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#2ElaeusPosted 4/6/2013 8:52:18 AM(edited)
I would assume 5.4 will come side by side with Blizzcon- it's always like this (at least as far as I remember ICC and DS happened the same way).

If DS lasted only (lolonly) nine months with Blizzard nowhere near what they are now in term of patches release speed, I wouldn't think 5.4 will last for a whole year especially considering it won't have 13 bosses like ToT does.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? haven't got one.
#3halomonkey1_3_5Posted 4/6/2013 8:56:30 AM
Is 5.4 the last patch, or just the last tier patch? Because they could still drop 5.5 with more daily stuff and some minor things like that to hold people over until the next expansion is nearing release.

I would also expect the next expansion to be next spring(following blizzards "ideal" speed of 18 months). So if 5.4 drops in september, you're only waiting 6-7 months til the next expansion goes live and probably shorter than that until the pre-expansion event patches and talent changes, and they could even throw in a 5.5 with some non-raid content as well.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#4scarecrowsPosted 4/6/2013 9:06:09 AM
5.4 will come out in sept, new expansion drops in march.
---
"Your an imbecile" - Gallusz
#5xFilthPosted 4/6/2013 10:16:10 AM
scarecrows posted...
5.4 will come out in sept, new expansion drops in march.

Sounds about right
#6Loserman15Posted 4/6/2013 10:22:56 AM
expacs are always 2 years apart though
#7scarecrowsPosted 4/6/2013 5:43:21 PM
Loserman15 posted...
expacs are always 2 years apart though

Not anymore.
---
#8bladstPosted 4/7/2013 10:15:21 AM
I thought they were planning a 5.5 and possibly even a 5.6 of just extra content. They sad at the start of mop that they want to release more patches faster. I wouldn't be surprised if after the siege of Org they release a patch of the world "settling in" with the new warchief/council then they have another patch if preparing for outlands (or whatever the new xpac will be)
---
guns don't kill people, people kill people, but the gun helps
#9scarecrowsPosted 4/7/2013 10:26:23 AM
bladst posted...
I thought they were planning a 5.5 and possibly even a 5.6 of just extra content. They sad at the start of mop that they want to release more patches faster. I wouldn't be surprised if after the siege of Org they release a patch of the world "settling in" with the new warchief/council then they have another patch if preparing for outlands (or whatever the new xpac will be)

Nope, they said Siege is the end of mop. They also said they don't want 2 year expansions anymore. Burning Legion 2.0 will be next spring.
---
#10ElaeusPosted 4/7/2013 10:32:46 AM
Coming to think of it now, a 5.5 patch where we go do dailies for Shang Xi Academy just for story line purpose would be fun. Don't think it will happen though.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.