This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Green Fire gear requirement question

#1Saga3Posted 4/6/2013 10:53:10 AM
Hello, I'm wondering if I can do the green fire quest with full Malevolent PVP gear (476)? I'm not asking about the 'skills' requirement, just the gear. Is it possible to do it with this gear, or does it need to be higher?

I don't want to wipe for nothing, so this is why I ask.

Thanks.

Also, is it possible to enter normal BT while you are on the quest?
#2Orestes417Posted 4/6/2013 10:56:04 AM
It's possible in quest blues, not easy but possible. As for BT yeah, it's a different entrance entirely
---
When Hollywood runs out of Indians, only the Indians will know.
#3Saga3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 10:57:19 AM
Thanks, I shall try now.
#4MajinUltimaPosted 4/6/2013 11:01:33 AM
You will wipe, a lot. It's very micro-intensive. At your gear level, Purification Potions will be mandatory to clear a 7min Curse of Uber Doom before it reaches the end of its duration and kills you (the boss will re-apply it soon after, so you'll use your potion sometime after the 2nd Doom Lord is summoned).

They're a cheap vanilla potion made from 2 Ice Cap and 2 Sorrowmoss which any alchemist can make.
---
Homura-chan is the coolest.
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/7899/homura02b.jpg
#5Orestes417Posted 4/6/2013 11:08:13 AM
You'll wipe a lot at pretty much any gear level till you get the mechanics down. Sacrificial pact and KJ's cunning are pretty much mandatory
---
When Hollywood runs out of Indians, only the Indians will know.
#6MajinUltimaPosted 4/6/2013 11:51:52 AM
Given the DPS requirement isn't that high with a 14min timer (using a potion to clear 1 curse), KJ Cunning isn't a big deal. You can easily use Mannoroth's Fury to make Imp cleanup a breeze.

Soul Link and Dark Bargain can also work depending on your strategy.

The only thing screwing me over was that the 2 Felhunter packs are fairly micro-intensive and I'm just not that good at it.
---
#7Saga3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 12:12:46 PM
Thanks all
#8MajinUltimaPosted 4/6/2013 12:18:55 PM
Oh and 1 thing that is mandatory is Grimoire of Sacrifice, since you enslave a Pit Lord as your pet at the onset of the fight. Any other choice would just be a loss of dps and healing.
---
#9KrozardPosted 4/6/2013 12:50:30 PM
MajinUltima posted...
Given the DPS requirement isn't that high with a 14min timer (using a potion to clear 1 curse), KJ Cunning isn't a big deal. You can easily use Mannoroth's Fury to make Imp cleanup a breeze.

Soul Link and Dark Bargain can also work depending on your strategy.

The only thing screwing me over was that the 2 Felhunter packs are fairly micro-intensive and I'm just not that good at it.

A guide I saw said to stun them with Shadowfury, put havin on 1, use chaos bolt on another, and have your pit lord do a damage/stun ability (haven't tried this myself so I'm not sure what ability), then just burn the last one down.
---
this space intentionally left blank
#10RCR ReturnsPosted 4/6/2013 4:28:16 PM
Since your main question appears answered (I did it in 490, fyi), no, you cannot enter normal BT when the quest takes you there.

Nor can you enter normal BT once you complete the quest, it's currently bugged and empty upon entering and to exit you have to hearth or die.
---
RoughCutRedneck