This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I miss the Infinite Dragonflight.

#11EDarienPosted 4/6/2013 7:18:02 PM
Megawizard posted...
EDarien posted...
Aceron posted...
The funny part is, the pure Nozdormu succeeded where the corrupt Murozond failed.
When Nozdormu used the Dragon Soul to make Deathwing's destruction a fixed point in time, he erased the End of Time from existence. This destroyed the one other fixed point in time, his own death. The one thing the Titans told him he could never change.

Are we sure he "can't change" his death, or he can't prevent his death? There's a significant difference there. And only one of them needs to be implemented to stop a "Keeper of Time" from abusing his own power.

"When the Titans left Azeroth, they charged the greatest species of the world with the task of watching over Kalimdor. Of all the dragonflights, five of them held dominion over their brethren. These were the blue, red, black, green and bronze flights. Aman'Thul, the Highfather of the Pantheon, bestowed a portion of his cosmic power upon the massive bronze dragon Nozdormu. The Highfather empowered him to guard time itself and police the ever-spinning pathways of fate and destiny. The stoic, honorable Nozdormu became known as the Timeless One. He had also been granted by his creators with the knowledge of his own demise. That had been given as a lesson, so that he would never think his power so great and terrible that he had to answer to no other. Nozdormu knows exactly how and when he will perish."

So he knows it and we don't. That's easily written in as "End Time never happens and Nozdormu knew it." Had they hinted at some known corruption or other such, then I could see them messing up their own time travel logic. But because they didn't, well, they didn't.

Thanks for the quick response of the excerpt, though.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#12AceronPosted 4/6/2013 7:34:29 PM
Also in the end dialogue for the End of Time, Nozdormu specifically states that this is the death he was shown.

Upon his death.

Murozond yells: You know not what you have done. Aman'Thul... What I... have... seen...
Nozdormu says: At last it has come to pass. The moment of my demise. The loop is closed. My future self will cause no more harm.
Nozdormu says: Still, in time, I will... fall to madness. And you, heroes... will vanquish me. The cycle will repeat. So it goes.
Nozdormu says: What matters is that Azeroth did not fall; that we survived to fight another day.
Nozdormu says: All that matters... is this moment.

---
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL
#13EDarienPosted 4/6/2013 7:44:50 PM
Aceron posted...
Also in the end dialogue for the End of Time, Nozdormu specifically states that this is the death he was shown.

Upon his death.

Murozond yells: You know not what you have done. Aman'Thul... What I... have... seen...
Nozdormu says: At last it has come to pass. The moment of my demise. The loop is closed. My future self will cause no more harm.
Nozdormu says: Still, in time, I will... fall to madness. And you, heroes... will vanquish me. The cycle will repeat. So it goes.
Nozdormu says: What matters is that Azeroth did not fall; that we survived to fight another day.

Then Blizzard goofed it by killing DW in the "present" which negates killing Murazond to open the other pathways. Shame. Otherwise, I tended to like their time travel stuff.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#14Ruvan22Posted 4/6/2013 8:26:55 PM
EDarien posted...
Aceron posted...

Upon his death.

Then Blizzard goofed it by killing DW in the "present" which negates killing Murazond to open the other pathways. Shame. Otherwise, I tended to like their time travel stuff.

Maybe I missed something... how does killing DW in the present (Cata), negate killing Murazond?
#15GreatDrakePosted 4/6/2013 8:43:37 PM
during the battle with DW the aspects lose their aspect power in order to defeat him so since Nozdomu is no longer an aspect that shouldn't happen but if I remember right Nozdomu is immune to paradox's like that and it will happen anyways
---
Bedlam Boy's Disturbing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2puDJun9iCA&feature=related
#16AceronPosted 4/6/2013 9:06:45 PM
Also, as mentioned, the way in which Nozdormu contributed to Deathwings destruction erased all possible futures in which Deathwing did not die at that particular point. Including the time in which we kill Murozond.
---
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL
#17Ruvan22Posted 4/6/2013 9:30:19 PM
Aceron posted...
Also, as mentioned, the way in which Nozdormu contributed to Deathwings destruction erased all possible futures in which Deathwing did not die at that particular point. Including the time in which we kill Murozond.

Ok I'm sorry - I think I'm not following something. What exactly did Noz do to "create a fixed point" and erase all futures?
#18AceronPosted 4/6/2013 9:40:57 PM
When you finish off deathwing, each of the Dragon Aspects dumps the last of their aspect power into the Dragon Soul right before the beam makes Deathwing explode.
Each time, one of them gets to say a line about how their power is being used.
Nozdormu's is something to the effect of "I bind the threads of time so that what transpires here can never be undone."
---
#19zero_x300Posted 4/6/2013 10:43:57 PM
I thought they all became mortal after that, meaning they'll all die eventually.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaKAomQTLbc
#20AceronPosted 4/6/2013 10:46:25 PM
Oh, yes, he'll die of old age.
---