This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone know where the Highborne get their magic from?

#11JohnnyShred612(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 9:07:27 AM
angrywalrus13 posted...
Where do humans get theirs? Or gnomes, or dwarves?

That's a good question.... I guess I'm just wondering how the highborne are sustaining their addiction. Dwarves never had a stigma of being horrifically addicted to it.
---
Bear Down
http://i.imgur.com/foXAiYP.png
#12InfestedAdamPosted 4/7/2013 9:12:23 AM
TheGreatCheeze posted...
I thought Highborne and Night Elves were totally different things?

BushidoMusashi posted...
They have the same origins but highborne are bloodelves that aren't addicted iirc.

Eh? I just got the impression that they were simply the nobles/upperclass of the Night Elf society.

Other than the fact that some of the Highborne left Kalimdor and formed their own society on the Eastern Kingdom and became to be known as the High Elves, what source within the lore suggest that only the Highborne were the magically adept users within Night Elf society?

I'm just curious as I myself thought they were the nobles just because of the word "Highborne"
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#13JohnnyShred612(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 9:15:55 AM
InfestedAdam posted...

I'm just curious as I myself thought they were the nobles just because of the word "Highborne"

They were, but they were the ones who were buddies with Azshara, and such were the ones that started plumbing the Well of Eternity and stumbled upon magical power. The Highborne were all magic users because of that.
---
Bear Down
#14failure_turtlePosted 4/7/2013 9:25:10 AM
GreatDrake posted...
No unlike Arcane and Fel magic Nature magic isn't addictive.

I hear nature magic cures glaucoma.
---
Be yonce.
#15angrywalrus13Posted 4/7/2013 9:26:37 AM
JohnnyShred612 posted...
angrywalrus13 posted...
Where do humans get theirs? Or gnomes, or dwarves?

That's a good question.... I guess I'm just wondering how the highborne are sustaining their addiction. Dwarves never had a stigma of being horrifically addicted to it.

They don't have an addiction (anymore), and neither do high elves. That's the difference between them and blood elves. They just use magic normally.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#16InfestedAdamPosted 4/7/2013 11:45:42 PM
JohnnyShred612 posted...
They were, but they were the ones who were buddies with Azshara, and such were the ones that started plumbing the Well of Eternity and stumbled upon magical power. The Highborne were all magic users because of that.

I see, make sense then. They're not Highborne cause they're magic users but became magic users because of their positions as Highborne.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#17c0sa n0straPosted 4/7/2013 11:49:43 PM
A wizard did it.
#18JohnnyShred612(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 2:54:09 PM
InfestedAdam posted...
JohnnyShred612 posted...

I see, make sense then. They're not Highborne cause they're magic users but became magic users because of their positions as Highborne.

Exactly.
---
Bear Down