This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In LFR, I walk up to the boss auto attack and tab out. No one ever notices.

#11Wookie_Is_BackPosted 4/7/2013 1:09:27 AM
rareware101 posted...
koujimoreno posted...
I dont understand, why AFK? You log in to play the game, but you don't play? You do the raids to get gear, but you just AFK in raids after you get the gear? I don't understand.

It's called being selfish.

How is it selfish to AFK in a raid to get gear...just so you can AFK in a different raid? You're paying money to AFK.
#12ryanell666Posted 4/7/2013 1:44:26 AM
....., do I really need to state my favourite LFR meme here?
#13Lightning BoltPosted 4/7/2013 2:10:29 AM
I dont understand, why AFK? You log in to play the game, but you don't play? You do the raids to get gear, but you just AFK in raids after you get the gear? I don't understand.

LFR isn't playing, it's just a chore that Blizz has you do in order to play. It's another of their "suffer the crap in order to get to the good part" methods of stretching subs, like dailies and valor capping.

I afk in LFR occasionally since I need to gear up pretty much entirely on my own. I'm pretty much the only capable tank in the guild so I can never get free carries on alts.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#14Sac!Posted 4/7/2013 2:27:58 AM
People notice, generally if you keep your head down and the group isn't wiping too badly, people are happy to carry folks like you, and save the vote kicks for the people that actively try to troll the raid.

But do you even do that on the single target fights? You'd think on THOSE at least, you'd be interest to push as hard as you can see what what sort of DPS you can actually put out. *shrugs*
---
HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy entry for "Sac!":
Mostly Australian
#15Wyrmwarrior5Posted 4/7/2013 2:40:28 AM
ryanell666 posted...
....., do I really need to state my favourite LFR meme here?

There isn't the need now, nor ever again, for you to say that phrase you are far too proud of.
---
http://breadfish.de/
http://thebest404pageever.com = best website ever.
#16koujimorenoPosted 4/7/2013 3:05:09 AM
Lightning Bolt posted...

LFR isn't playing, it's just a chore that Blizz has you do in order to play. It's another of their "suffer the crap in order to get to the good part" methods of stretching subs, like dailies and valor capping.

I afk in LFR occasionally since I need to gear up pretty much entirely on my own. I'm pretty much the only capable tank in the guild so I can never get free carries on alts.

Blizzard does not force you to do LFR though...
#17xFilthPosted 4/7/2013 3:19:58 AM
My cure for boring LFRs has been starting logging it to get ranked. I have rank 5 or above on almost all the 5.0 LFRs, and no, it's nothing epeen-worthy, it's just something I see as a fun minigame, like tetris.
#18halomonkey1_3_5Posted 4/7/2013 5:53:15 AM
Lightning Bolt posted...

I actually enjoy LFR though

not that I dont sometimes afk auto-attack while looking something up or changing my music...
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#19Ness0123456789Posted 4/7/2013 8:28:30 AM

There's nothing mandatory about doing LFR, period. Sorry that your guild is so terrible at the game they need LFR gear to kill normal mode bosses, but the honest truth is, and Blizzard has stated this several times (along with raiders themselves), LFR is not mandatory, nto required, and if you don't like it, don't do it.

Especially with this Tier, there is nothing in LFR that would be appealing to someone that has cleared MV on Heroic.

So join a guild that's up to your standards of play, or quit whining.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#20ryanell666Posted 4/7/2013 10:28:56 AM(edited)
koujimoreno posted...
Lightning Bolt posted...

Blizzard does not force you to do LFR though...

Yes, they do!!!

People will choose the path of least resistance when that path is open to them. why spend months doing the traditional way, when you can spend days or weeks getting the same result?

Baddies want to whip out that epeen just as much as elitists, people need to keep up with the jones' and stay ahead of the wave.

Blizzard subconsciously makes LFR mandatory!

EDIT: "so shut up, and earn my loot for me!!!!!!!11!!!oneoneone!!!"

Or was it "LFR = Looking for Free Ride"

Meh, take both!