This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thinking about starting up again, what's been the communities response to MoP?

#1muffinz10Posted 4/7/2013 3:19:33 AM
Good or bad? How does it compare to previous expansions? Speaking in general.
---
---
#2TreGoodaPosted 4/7/2013 4:08:24 AM
Good, I stopped playing for a couple of years and came back a couple months ago. I'm having a lot of fun with this new expansion.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#3halomonkey1_3_5Posted 4/7/2013 4:51:11 AM
Much better than cataclysm from a non-raider standpoint(I dont raid past LFR much so I wont comment on that). A lot of people are enjoying it, although there are still things which are generally disliked(the sheer amount of daily quests at the start and the rep grinds, for example). I cant really think of anything that has had an overwhelmingly negative reception though(closet thing was probably the talent system, but after using it I think a lot of people warmed up to it).
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#4BushidoMusashiPosted 4/7/2013 5:07:57 AM
The loot system in its current form in lfr is the absolute worst thing blizzard has ever conceived. Its complete and utter crap. But they are improving it in 5.3. Other than that I would say that this is probably one of the better expansions I've experienced. Yes there's a lot of dailies but they are optional. You can get rep other ways but dailies are the quickest so catch 22 there.
---
GT: Purity6of6Evil6
Praeclarum Custodem Ovium Lupum
#5BattleRoyalRedyPosted 4/7/2013 5:18:07 AM
As someone who was in your shoes about 3 weeks ago, I'm liking it a lot. I rerolled on a new server, new character, and went through to see the Cata changes and it was cool. Got into the MoP content for the past few days and it's pretty awesome. I love the quests/writing and the aesthetics are pleasing as well.
#6muffinz10(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 8:51:40 AM
I'm surprised to hear people are complaining about the new talent system, it looks to me like a real change for the better. All they've done is get rid of the meaningless fluff that people just cookie cuttered anyway, so nothing is really lost. Plus it seems now you actually can turn yourself into a somewhat unique snowflake without being 'wrong'.
---
---
#7angrywalrus13Posted 4/7/2013 8:56:38 AM
muffinz10 posted...
I'm surprised to hear people are complaining about the new talent system, it looks to me like a real change for the better. All they've done is get rid of the meaningless fluff that people just cookie cuttered anyway, so nothing is really lost. Plus it seems now you actually can turn yourself into a somewhat unique snowflake without being 'wrong'.

It is, and the LFR loot system is miles, miles better than LFR was with Dragon Soul.

Generally speaking MoP has been pretty well-received. A lot of cries of "favorite expansion." There's a buttload of things to do.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#8Shadow_Of_FenixPosted 4/7/2013 9:03:44 AM
I started up MOP in December, and so far, it is leagues ahead of Cata in terms on content. On the PVP front, the new dev Holinka is making good changes, and on the PvE front, it is as good as ever. Overall a very good expansion.

Plus, the pokemon battles are fun.
---
Why do you call yourself Mature Link if you hate Nintendo so much?! Should your name be something like: Humps__t3h__Sony? Super SEGA Bros
#9AmakusaPosted 4/7/2013 10:49:31 AM
angrywalrus13 posted...
Generally speaking MoP has been pretty well-received. A lot of cries of "favorite expansion." There's a buttload of things to do.

This. There's so much to do I still haven't gotten around to doing all the Challenge Modes.

And that's on top of the fact I'm deliberately ignoring getting friendship with Nat Pagle, too.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#10TloyaPosted 4/7/2013 6:18:50 PM
Change just scares people. But yes, I think MoP has been in general pretty well received. The major complaint people bring up has been about the abundance of daily quests, and the gating of VP gear behind reputation only obtainable through daily quests. Blizzard has since listened and made some changes to make gaining reputation easier without doing dailies, plus it put all the new highest-level VP gear for the most recent raid patch into a raid faction instead of a daily faction.

The loot system in its current form in lfr is the absolute worst thing blizzard has ever conceived. Its complete and utter crap.

The loot system is worse than the Dragon Soul LFR loot system if you were a holy paladin or enhancement shaman or some other class that didn't share gear much. If you were a DPS caster it is a million times better.
---
Posts look awkward without a signature underneath