This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there really vanilla players that complain it's too casual?

#1Virus731Posted 4/7/2013 7:32:24 PM
If any of you guys are like me and started when you were 13-14 how could you dislike the direction of the game? I quit back at the end of WOTLK because I was around 17 and the game was just too damn easy... well less time devouring than before. It was too damn casual for my got nothing better to do life style.

I've recently come back for Pandas and **** me, it actually feels like a gnarly game again instead of a all day grind.
---
I hope this ****in' world ****in' burns away
And I'd kill you all if I had my way
#2tote_allPosted 4/7/2013 7:58:04 PM
all day grind.

Some people want this because they need something to fill their lives with. If someone is looking for difficulty on an MMO you know he's already wrong.
---
http://i.imgur.com/4u1biRF.png
http://i.imgur.com/nYihXfu.png
#3Virus731(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 8:07:00 PM
tote_all posted...
all day grind.

Some people want this because they need something to fill their lives with. If someone is looking for difficulty on an MMO you know he's already wrong.

That is my point, either these people are really really sad or this game is literally filled with 13-17 year olds... which makes me (20) feel old.
---
#4muffinz10Posted 4/7/2013 8:22:57 PM
tote_all posted...
If someone is looking for difficulty on an MMO you know he's already wrong.

I don't understand, are you saying that MMOs are easy? MMO's are without a doubt the hardest of any games available today, and that includes WoW. Not since the days of the NES would it be expected that only 10% of people are even capable of completing the content. I've wiped multiple time more on a single heroic boss than I have on an entire first playthrough of Dark Souls.
---
---
#5Virus731(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 8:26:15 PM
muffinz10 posted...
tote_all posted...

I don't understand, are you saying that MMOs are easy? MMO's are without a doubt the hardest of any games available today, and that includes WoW. Not since the days of the NES would it be expected that only 10% of people are even capable of completing the content. I've wiped multiple time more on a single heroic boss than I have on an entire first playthrough of Dark Souls.

That is only because the difficulty is determined by how much time you can put in. Artificial difficulty =/= difficulty.
---
#6Ness0123456789Posted 4/7/2013 8:33:20 PM
muffinz10 posted...
tote_all posted...

That is only because the difficulty is determined by how much time you can put in. Artificial difficulty =/= difficulty.

As well as the fact that the entire raid all need to be playing at the same skill and gear level as everyone else to complete the encounter. If you were to take that away, and make WoW a primarily single player experience with AI party members in the vain of your typical Action RPG game, you'd find the bosses in their current forms are no more difficult than what you would find in a Zelda game.

Also, at the bolded part: That is so laughably wrong it's..well..laughable.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#7XSerenadEXPosted 4/7/2013 9:02:05 PM
I've been playing since vanilla. My complaint isn't that the game is "too casual", it's the Blizzard has synchronized "casual" with "easy" and "plain". I love Dungeon Finder, but I hate that CC, strategy, and a good group construction aren't neccesary anymore. I love PvP, but I hate that I can't PvP well anymore unless I essentially give up raiding for it (In vanilla the best PvE gear WAS the best PvP gear).

The flow of the game is great now, but the things that made the game too "hardcore" for most people are the same things that made the game magical.
---
American Football <3
#8InfestedAdamPosted 4/7/2013 10:05:12 PM
XSerenadEX posted...
I've been playing since vanilla. My complaint isn't that the game is "too casual", it's the Blizzard has synchronized "casual" with "easy" and "plain". I love Dungeon Finder, but I hate that CC, strategy, and a good group construction aren't neccesary anymore. I love PvP, but I hate that I can't PvP well anymore unless I essentially give up raiding for it (In vanilla the best PvE gear WAS the best PvP gear).

The flow of the game is great now, but the things that made the game too "hardcore" for most people are the same things that made the game magical.

As another player who has been around since 2004/2005, I'll agree with XSerenadEX. Some stuff like Dungeon Finder I don't consider to be making the game too easy or casual. As any game that involves grinding, time is important and it was frustrating back then to spam the channels looking for people.

I can't see this as something that should be a part of the gaming experience. Any changes that make the game more convenient helps to keep the game flowing smoothly, if that makes sense.

Having to wait while a group is forming or worst, being the one that has to stay in the cities and spam the channel was annoying and unfair. Filling our bags with reagents such as candles, soulstone, etc, serve no real purpose other than to waste bag space. Sure it might add some lore material to our classes but in the end its just another item that we have to keep around just to use our spells.

But yet stuff like using crowd control in instances, fights that are more than just tank-n-spank, etc, etc I want because to me it adds to the gameplay. Some people I know consider having to use CC to be a waste of time and might discriminate against certain classes.

But to me if you want an easy instance to rush through to just farm for Valor Points then you're just playing to get better gear which is then used to get even more better gear. Is that all some of yer want to play the game for? Making bigger numbers?

I know some have argued that end game is all that matters, anything before serves to just support end game. But not everyone wants to raid, some of us prefer sticking to content that involves smaller groups.

Scenarios to me was almost perfect. Small instances were party composition did not matter but at the same time I felt they were too easy. I want them to be more involved than just DPSing my way through it.

I'll admit though that with the number of players who play World of Warcraft and all their personal preferences there's no way Blizzard can make it "perfect" in everyone eyes. Thus far I felt Pandaria is going in a good direction. There's a lot of content for non-raiders which I enjoy. What is lacking in these content is a sense of challenge.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#9muffinz10Posted 4/8/2013 1:09:00 AM
Virus731 posted...

That's just not even remotely true, nor does it make any sense. I'm not talking about the difficulty in getting exalted rep with some factions. Have you even actually done heroic raiding before?

There are so, so, so many guilds out there that put in 15+ hour raid schedules PLUS their own personal time (so more like 30 hours per week) that still weren't even close to achieving 16H/16H last patch.
---
---
#10Wookie_Is_BackPosted 4/8/2013 1:38:08 AM
XSerenadEX posted...

Want your CCs and strategies? Do Challenge modes.