This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think Blizz should take about half the early dungeons and turn them into...

#1Kanus_oq_SerunaPosted 4/11/2013 5:07:15 PM
scenarios. I mean, half the time you don't need a tank if the dps are geared and know what they are doing. So why not, convert them to 3 mans and make them a tad easier. Not like smucks will let the tank learn how to tank till later on anyways.
---
For topical discussions of the Source Mod remake of Half Life: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683833-black-mesa
#2PsoloquoisePosted 4/11/2013 5:12:01 PM
Someone have a bad first time tanking experience?

It's ok man, you'll get better groups that are willing to let you learn... maybe.
#3LatiasSAPosted 4/11/2013 5:25:26 PM
Somebody wasn't a low level prot warrior
---
PM me about scrolls of res. I have 19 referrals left.
Okay, I never let WoW boards down before. - Left4Shaman
#4AshrahnPosted 4/11/2013 5:29:29 PM
I see what you mean, when levelling the queues can get rather long and you're just waiting for say, a tank or a healer. Most of the bosses can't just be strong armed through though and trash is very capable of killing you, especially in the higher dungeons and just when you're getting to the level of being able to do dungeon finder.

I'd personally rather the longer queue times as a DPS (playing a DPS, you kind of ask for longer queues as there's more of you) while levelling. What really matters is having lower DPS queue at endgame stuff which last I queue'd alone sucked.
#5Kanus_oq_Seruna(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 5:45:30 PM
Oh, I'm not concerned about ques. It's just watching numerous nimrods all the way up to 85 who don't understand the function of the tank or how aggro works. Give these scrubs something that they can work with, and make dungions more worth it for the folks who know what they are doing.
---
For topical discussions of the Source Mod remake of Half Life: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683833-black-mesa
#6That_70s_showPosted 4/11/2013 6:09:16 PM
But., if you take away their opportunities to work with a tank and a healer, they'll never learn how they work.
---
http://i54.tinypic.com/210ds9s.jpg
Sig #8
#7WesternWizardPosted 4/11/2013 8:12:29 PM
I tend to agree, but it isn't just tanks and healers you have to wait on. Level a tank or healer and you'll soon find there's times where you only need 1 or 2 DPS to que. It does happen, frequently in fact.
#8koujimorenoPosted 4/11/2013 8:43:18 PM
Kanus_oq_Seruna posted...
scenarios. I mean, half the time you don't need a tank if the dps are geared and know what they are doing. So why not, convert them to 3 mans and make them a tad easier. Not like smucks will let the tank learn how to tank till later on anyways.

New DPS don't know what they're doing, by that you mean they do not know how to function well within a group role, so you're just going to take out the group part? How will they learn then?
#9EDarienPosted 4/11/2013 8:55:18 PM
koujimoreno posted...

New DPS don't know what they're doing, by that you mean they do not know how to function well within a group role, so you're just going to take out the group part? How will they learn then?

They're clearly not learning anyway. The current leveling LFD is in that awkward state of not easy enough to 3-man nor hard enough to really require the full 5-man team. We all get it, Blizz wants to focus on endgame exclusively, and with good reason. However, that doesn't mean there aren't problems on the way there. Players who want to learn, will. Players who don't, won't. It doesn't matter what you put in their faces. I figure they should just make up there mind and either do like TC said, which could be fun in its own right, though I'd still have bosses drop loot, as well as the satchel at the end. The loot does help the leveling process. Or they go the other way and actually make them challenging again.

It doesn't really matter, though, as Blizz will never go back and redo older content like that. It's simply not worth their time or money. Also, even if they did, a different set of the population would whine anyway and they know it. So why shut up 20% of people only to get a different 20% (arbitrary numbers to prove a point) complaining about the change. Waste of resources from a business stand-point. Besides, they're looking to scrap 5-mans even at the endgame level, so there's no way they'd bother salvaging the lower level 5-mans since they're not even there to teach you anything anymore.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#10Kanus_oq_Seruna(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 10:25:27 PM

How are they supposed to learn when heirloom wielding dip***** won't let them? Heirlooms or not, I can pick out someone who's being stupid because it's old content, and someone who's actually new to the game. I'm the sort that will, try, to advise them. However, I do not want to have to babysit a pug.
---