This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Funny how blizzard moved away from requiring playing daily in Cata

#1halomonkey1_3_5Posted 4/12/2013 8:24:46 AM
then MoP launched
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#2angrywalrus13Posted 4/12/2013 8:34:43 AM
They went from one pole to the other. Doing nothing to doing everything.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#3Ness0123456789Posted 4/12/2013 9:29:57 AM
Hmm, what would I rather have:

A game I pay monthly for with an excess of content that's so high, I'll never actually run out of things to do.
or
A game I pay monthly for, and can finish everything I care to do in a single day, and not play for the rest of the week.

Tough choice.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#4TheGreatCheezePosted 4/12/2013 9:31:08 AM
What requires you to play daily?
---
Like I've said before, Allies are like sand people; they scare easily but they will be back in greater numbers.
-Reddit
#5TaaronPosted 4/12/2013 9:54:01 AM
I didn't exactly play daily in Cata... with the exception of when I was working on dailies for faction rep. Pretty much the same for me in Cata and in MoP.
---
Nothing wrong with a 40 year old man watching anime intended for 5 year old Japanese girls.
#6halomonkey1_3_5(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 10:00:38 AM
TheGreatCheeze posted...
What requires you to play daily?

well, you dont HAVE to play daily, but all the rep grinds are nearly impossible unless you play daily. In Catclysm they changed the daily dungeon bonus to just be the first 7 you did in a week so that people would be able to tackle it in one sitting if thats how they wanted to play it. Then MoP comes along and nearly everything is tied to being done daily(dungeons, scenarios, daily quests, etc) unless you want significantly less reward for doing something.(and you dont even have the choice to take a slower non-daily grind for rep).

If you only play 2-3 days per week it will take you months to finish the 5.0 rep grinds(maybe a bit less once you hit revered on your first character).

Ness0123456789 posted...
Hmm, what would I rather have:

A game I pay monthly for with an excess of content that's so high, I'll never actually run out of things to do.
or
A game I pay monthly for, and can finish everything I care to do in a single day, and not play for the rest of the week.

Tough choice.

They can have extra content that isnt tied to being done daily. There is no real difference between logging on 7 days per week to do a quest and being able to do it 7 times per week other than I can sit down and get it all done(or break it up among the days I will be playing) and not feel like im missing stuff by not playing daily.
Also, nice false dichotomy you have there.

I understand why so much of the game is gated behind time barriers(because if they didnt then people would feel obligated to do everything asap and then sit there with nothing to do for months), but the difference between 7 times weekly and once per day is negligible as far as time to complete is concerned(other than you arent punishing players for missing a day).
---
The Greatest
#7piplupzeroPosted 4/12/2013 10:32:40 AM
ITT: TC wants dragon soul back.
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#8metroidfreakv4Posted 4/12/2013 11:09:37 AM
I play once a week and I'm doing content that's current. Reputations are not something that is required to play nerdling
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SO-HGwxJNg
#9Ness0123456789Posted 4/12/2013 2:44:49 PM
They can have extra content that isnt tied to being done daily. There is no real difference between logging on 7 days per week to do a quest and being able to do it 7 times per week other than I can sit down and get it all done(or break it up among the days I will be playing) and not feel like im missing stuff by not playing daily.
Also, nice false dichotomy you have there.

So basically what you're saying is you'd rather be able to do everything in the game on the first day, and then not play it at all the rest of the week because you have other things you'd rather do.

Remind me again why you're playing this game than? It doesn't sound like you care much for it if logging in each day to do content is a chore.

Also, for the record: You don't need to do Dailies anymore for anything other than supplemental Valor Points.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#10halomonkey1_3_5(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 4:33:26 PM
Ness0123456789 posted...
So basically what you're saying is you'd rather be able to do everything in the game on the first day, and then not play it at all the rest of the week because you have other things you'd rather do.

If they're going to have all this stuff gated behind reps? Yeah, I'd rather knock out the rep ASAP and work on other stuff(such as dungeons, raids, etc etc etc) later in the week and not have to login every day to do "content". Basically I want to be able to do all the rep grinds without having to dedicate an hour or two each day to be able to clear it in a reasonable time frame, and the only way I could think of doing that is to make it weekly instead of daily. And I said I'd rather break it up among days I play(if i play 3 times i could do 2/2/3, etc) not knock it out on day 1 and be done. But hey, f*** anyone who doesn't want to log in to do boring filler quests every single day, right?

Ness0123456789 posted...
Remind me again why you're playing this game than? It doesn't sound like you care much for it if logging in each day to do content is a chore.

Daily quests arent fun the 10th and 11th time you do them(hell, they arent fun the 3rd and 4th time). I'd rather be doing LFR and dungeons, but daily quests are the only way for me to get access to things I need to progress(I.E. crafting recipes and valor gear) at a reasonable pace.

Ness0123456789 posted...
Also, for the record: You don't need to do Dailies anymore for anything other than supplemental Valor Points.

And that is completely irrelevant when talking about rep grinds(which is the bulk of my issues, since LFR and a handful of dungeons/scenario's can cap valor pretty easy) because even if you use the extra rep from scenario/dungeon and farm, it takes forever unless you log in and do the daily quests every single day. And those reps are still needed specifically for enchanting and other professions. And you even have reps which are still gated behind other reps, so you have to grind for weeks just to be able to grind for even longer to reach exalted with them.
---
The Greatest