This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A silly idea for transmog hoarders.

#1Coop14Posted 4/12/2013 1:05:20 PM(edited)
While the practicality and kinks with this system could be troubling it would be very interesting if they could implement this system.

So that weapon you have been trying to get forever, whether it be Voldethar the Darkblade of Oblivion or Armageddon end up dropping on lets say your priest.

So lets say this...

*You win the Weapon
*Have the option to send it to your Paladin
*Yay you have a shiny new toy for transmog

Cons with a system like this though... EVERYONE would be doing it. So this may seem a tad redundant but why not just among your account yourself?

It will eliminate a ton of potentially awesome gear you could get and I am not entirely sure how a system like this would properly work in a group function unless among friends only.

However, a different proposal.

So lets say I go roll Onyxias Lair on my Monk. Obsidian Edged blade drops. I take the weapon I earned by myself with nobody else in the group and send it on over to my Paladin.

Yay? Nay? Hell I will let you all decide.

tl;dr-
Blizzard give me a system when I solo raids to send other gear over to my other toons.
---
When one hates music, I question if they hate the soul. Music is undefinable, so don't try to define it for others.
#2OmniNakagoPosted 4/12/2013 1:10:05 PM
I'm all for being able to send your alts transmog gear from obsolete content, even if you're simply forced to solo it for the option.
---
"God is a comedian, playing to an audience that is too afraid to laugh." -Voltaire
steamcommunity.com/id/nepenthes / twitter.com/epolsen
#3EDarienPosted 4/12/2013 1:20:36 PM
So, I haven't gone and done it yet, but I hear raids are soloable now. Does this mean you don't have to be in a raid group to enter the instance, now?

If that's the case, I don't think it would be too difficult to set a flag for raid "difficulty" or other such that you can't be in a party, set it to "solo" and the only thing that changes is that all the gear that drops gets a "Solo" tag (like LFR tag) and becomes BoA instead of BoP.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#4ishingo69Posted 4/12/2013 2:36:50 PM
I've been saying for a while that there should be the option for old content gear to send it to your alts, but if you do, it removes all stats. That way, you can transfer items for transmog, but not for your lower level alts to use.
---
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos ffor the fly"
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bladefist/silversyn/simple
#5EDarienPosted 4/12/2013 2:47:17 PM
ishingo69 posted...
I've been saying for a while that there should be the option for old content gear to send it to your alts, but if you do, it removes all stats. That way, you can transfer items for transmog, but not for your lower level alts to use.

Also not a bad idea. One less argument like "we want to keep balance" or other such arguments against it.

My only concern would be the more we ask them to program into it, the less they'll want to expend the resources to do it. Though, I suppose that doesn't matter if they never do it anyway. *shrug* Either way. I'm feeling rather defeatist today. That's not good ...
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#6TrialZero654Posted 4/12/2013 2:48:14 PM
EDarien posted...
So, I haven't gone and done it yet, but I hear raids are soloable now. Does this mean you don't have to be in a raid group to enter the instance, now?

If that's the case, I don't think it would be too difficult to set a flag for raid "difficulty" or other such that you can't be in a party, set it to "solo" and the only thing that changes is that all the gear that drops gets a "Solo" tag (like LFR tag) and becomes BoA instead of BoP.

yes it's true, almost every raid up to WotLK is soloable (many classes can even solo most of ICC, but not all) and you no longer have to be in a raid group (or any kind of group at all) to enter, you can just stroll on in (also, i imagine some classes, if the player is very skilled, could conceivably also solo some normal mode cataclysm raids, though i may be overestimating the power of higher level gear here)

HOWEVER, while it certainly SOUNDS like such a "simple" solution to just be able to flag an item as BoA, from a programming and coding standpoint, it is not nearly so simple, there is a reason why they had to create brand new items in a whole new classification to be "Bind to Account"
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
GT: Trialzero
#7pikpikcarrotmonPosted 4/12/2013 10:55:22 PM
Another kind of void storage specifically for transmog. When you put something in, it's gone. Deleted. Done. But you can use it for transmog on any eligible character on your account, you've learned it.
---
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide.
#8Right_Chus_1Posted 4/12/2013 11:27:01 PM(edited)
I kind of like the way it is now. If you want to solo content, you will have to learn how to tank or learn a few tricks about your class. Thats a good thing.

If you cant solo, you will have to learn to make friends. Also a good thing.

A system like your saying coop is just another way to take the massively multiplayer out of mmo if you can just do it yourself more and more.
#9EDarienPosted 4/15/2013 7:29:58 AM
Right_Chus_1 posted...
I kind of like the way it is now. If you want to solo content, you will have to learn how to tank or learn a few tricks about your class. Thats a good thing.

If you cant solo, you will have to learn to make friends. Also a good thing.

A system like your saying coop is just another way to take the massively multiplayer out of mmo if you can just do it yourself more and more.

I think he's talking more about older content, which is already soloable. So it's not taking the multiplayer out of MMO; that's already been done for the content in question. His seems more that random drops are random. So I might be soloing on my Warlock and get a cool Plate chest piece that I wanted on my Paladin. As the game is now, that just became vendor trash. Coop's idea is that the already soloable content gear becomes BoA or another method to allow unlucky mis-matching of which character of yours is getting the gear.

It's not so much having to roll against other people, it's simply which piece drops for which of your own alts is often mis-matched, leading to running the same content over and over and over again even though the piece you wanted already dropped ... just on the wrong alt.
---
#10webbc99Posted 4/16/2013 2:29:55 AM
pikpikcarrotmon posted...
Another kind of void storage specifically for transmog. When you put something in, it's gone. Deleted. Done. But you can use it for transmog on any eligible character on your account, you've learned it.

This would work brilliantly.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: Final Fantasy VII, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Dark Souls